Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

photoshop CS5

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pluckyfilly
    pluckyfilly e2 Member 8282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2013 - 4:40 PM

I bought CS4 then upgraded to CS5 can I get rid of CS4 and will 5 still work as it should if I do ?
    thanks Ann

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Apr 2013 - 4:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lemmy
    lemmy  71812 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 Apr 2013 - 4:57 PM

In Lightroom, when you upgrade, the old version is automatically un-installed leaving just the Program Files folder but empty. So if you had Program Files\Adobe\Lightroom 4.3, you now have that and Adobe\Lightroom 4.4

You can then delete the 3.4 folder. I can't imagine Adobe would have a different method for PS.

Might be bettered answered at the Adobe PS forum to be sure, though, if no-one here has definitive information.

pluckyfilly
    pluckyfilly e2 Member 8282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Apr 2013 - 6:09 PM

Ok thanks, I just had my PC cleared of a virus and CS4 has disappeared I was not available when the man returned it but he may have decided I didn't need it and deleted, I can ask him but thought I would ask on forums here first before I make myself look silly!
    Thanks Ann

AlanPerkins
    20 Apr 2013 - 9:03 PM

You can get rid of CS4 without problems. I've done it, and saved a slice of disk space in the process!

pluckyfilly
    20 Apr 2013 - 9:20 PM

thank you Alan

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.