Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

photoshop cs5

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    clicknimagine
    27 Jul 2010 - 1:09 PM

i use photoshop cs3, but i can now upgrade it to cs5, can any body please tell me what are the new features i can get from it?...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Jul 2010 - 1:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sparkleson
    27 Jul 2010 - 1:15 PM

CS5 now supports 64-bit processors, so if you have a 64-bit machine, photoshop can access more memory (the 32-bit version is limited to 4gb). This is useful if you're accessing large files with lots of layers.

Anybody know any other differences?

EddieAC
    EddieAC  9679 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jul 2010 - 4:21 PM

The noise control algorithms in the Raw editor are apparently enhanced and improved and was very effective on the trial I downloaded but having never used CS3 or 4 I cannot say how much better.

Last Modified By EddieAC at 27 Jul 2010 - 6:03 PM
    clicknimagine
    27 Jul 2010 - 4:28 PM

Thanks friends...

mlewis
    mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
    27 Jul 2010 - 6:02 PM

Content aware fill, improved photomerge, improved HDR capability, focus stacking, improved Bridge, lens correction using lens profiles. Look on the Adobe website for all features and see how they compare to CS3.

SueEley
    SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jul 2010 - 6:52 PM

I think CS4 was when all the massive improvements to the RAW image converter came in in the Bridge? So you need to look at all that stuff too.

clicknimagine
    27 Jul 2010 - 7:41 PM

Thanks friends, ok i will search it...

digiphoto
    digiphoto  1240 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Jul 2010 - 8:59 PM

Go to Adobe.com and look for "Adobe TV" there are many vidio's that you can watch to see if the upgrade is for you.
    Be warned though the change from CS3 to CS5 is a steep learning curve as I found out my self. Tony.

Last Modified By digiphoto at 31 Jul 2010 - 9:00 PM
    clicknimagine

thanks friend...

RockArea
    RockArea e2 Member 7RockArea vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Aug 2010 - 10:38 AM

The Adobe 30 day free trial is the best way to see whether CS5 is worth the upgrade. Trouble is when you use the new one you won't want to go back to the old one so they've got you!

I have to say that I didn't find the step from CS3 to 5 much of a challenge, I suppose it depends what you do in there.

David

Jestertheclown
    26 Aug 2010 - 10:34 AM

I migrated to CS5 from CS2 and I've found it to be a huge improvement. I liked CS2 but by comparison it feels almost amateurish. Even carrying out tasks that I'd take for granted in CS2 seem easier with the newer version. I've never used CS3 but if my experience is anything to go by, you won't regret making the change.

As Rock Area says, why not give the trial a go? But as he also says, I doubt if you'll still be happy with your old version!

Bren.

clicknimagine
    26 Aug 2010 - 10:39 AM

Thanks David/Bren, i will surely give it a go...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.