Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photoshop Elements - colour values question

Ian G W 11 396 3 England
29 Nov 2012 10:55AM
In Photoshop Elements, does the colour picker tool give the numerical colour values (R,G,B, L,a,b) of the selected colour?

(I know it does in the full version of Photoshop - I've never used Elements, but a friend wants to use it for some colour comparison work of a range of photos, and would rather not have to buy the full version).

Ian.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
29 Nov 2012 12:09PM

Quote:would rather not have to buy the full version

There's no need if they only want to use it for a specific purpose.
Just download and instal the thirty day free trial.
They won't, however, learn a fraction of what it can do in thirty days and they'll probably be disappointed to see it go.
Ian G W 11 396 3 England
29 Nov 2012 12:16PM
Thanks, but the colour evaluation will be an on-going work project, so the software would have to be available permanently - and as the use will be limited to comparing colour values on ranges of photographs at this stage, all they need to know is whether or not the colour picker tool in Photoshop Elements gives the numerical values required (R,G,B, L,a,b)

Ian.
EddieAC 10 695 2 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2012 2:49PM
I googled and Gimp supports lab colour. It's free so may be worth a download to see if it suits your friends requirements.

As far as I know Lab mode is not supported in elements.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2012 4:28PM

Quote:In Photoshop Elements, does the colour picker tool give the numerical colour values (R,G,B, L,a,b) of the selected colour?

In PSE 9: Open the image then click on the eyedropper and click on the colour you want to identify. The double overlapping square on the bottom of the tool palette (the one you use to switch black/white when using masks) will convert to that colour. Click on the square that shows your selected colour and the panel that opens will show the HSBRGB values and the colour code number.
Ian G W 11 396 3 England
29 Nov 2012 5:35PM
Thanks Mike and Eddie.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.