Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photoshop elements compatability with Vista

19 Mar 2007 8:36PM
Has anyone else had any problems with Photoshop elements 5 compatability with windows Vista? I've tried 2 different trial versions on my new laptop and yet neither seem to work, they just crash as soon as you try to load the 'view and organize photos' bit. I'm loathe to spend 60-odd quid on the full version if it's not going to work?!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Mar 2007 5:30PM
I do not run Vista, but I am thinking of buying a laptop running on it.....I have just googled Vista +Elements 5 and the search takes you to the Adobe site which lists a downloadable update to enable Elements 5 to run on Vista.
Hope this may be of help to you. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Regards
Steve
28 Mar 2007 9:44PM
Turns out that it must have just been a problem with the trial copies that I was trying and now I have just bought the full version of elements all seems to be working fine....
daib e2
8 23
29 Mar 2007 12:57AM
Just in case anyones got Elements 4.0 and Vista. Ignore the compatibilty message it throws up and click 'run programme anyway'. It does work. Clicking on the 'find solution' only takes you to Adobe which recommends (!) upgradeing to PSE 5. A clever way of getting another 50 odd quid out of us!?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.