Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Photoshop elements compatability with Vista

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbax76
    danbax76  728 forum posts
    19 Mar 2007 - 8:36 PM

Has anyone else had any problems with Photoshop elements 5 compatability with windows Vista? I've tried 2 different trial versions on my new laptop and yet neither seem to work, they just crash as soon as you try to load the 'view and organize photos' bit. I'm loathe to spend 60-odd quid on the full version if it's not going to work?!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Mar 2007 - 8:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

McKenzie
    McKenzie  8 United Kingdom
    20 Mar 2007 - 5:30 PM

I do not run Vista, but I am thinking of buying a laptop running on it.....I have just googled Vista +Elements 5 and the search takes you to the Adobe site which lists a downloadable update to enable Elements 5 to run on Vista.
    Hope this may be of help to you. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Regards
    Steve

danbax76
    danbax76  728 forum posts
    28 Mar 2007 - 9:44 PM

Turns out that it must have just been a problem with the trial copies that I was trying and now I have just bought the full version of elements all seems to be working fine....

daib
    daib  8
    29 Mar 2007 - 12:57 AM

Just in case anyones got Elements 4.0 and Vista. Ignore the compatibilty message it throws up and click 'run programme anyway'. It does work. Clicking on the 'find solution' only takes you to Adobe which recommends (!) upgradeing to PSE 5. A clever way of getting another 50 odd quid out of us!?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.