Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Photoshop for free!

theorderingone 10 2.4k United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 1:40PM
Just thought I'd post this on here, as I couldn't see it on a quick glance over the forums.

Adobe are giving away Creative Suite 2 (and all the programs from it) for download on their website, for free.

The download links are here, and the serial numbers for them are on the page with them.

Just thought this might be good for those who've maybe got by using Picasa or other free editing suites. Its actually probably good enough for how I use Photoshop.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JohnParminter 7 1.2k 14 England
8 Jan 2013 1:44PM
I'll pass, its too sophisticated for me.
8 Jan 2013 1:44PM
Just noticed this is a duplicate thread... probably best to lock/delete it.
avacreates 3 357 1 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 1:55PM
Thanks heaps for the heads up
appreciate it
AVA
8 Jan 2013 2:08PM
John.. Even Elements 4 & 5 are available via the same link. Obviously no use if you have a later version.
rogerfry e2
9 509 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 2:58PM
This article clarifies the situation -(and adds to the confusion!)
JohnParminter 7 1.2k 14 England
8 Jan 2013 3:21PM

Quote:John.. Even Elements 4 & 5 are available

I'm still using Elements 5 that is why CS2 is too sophisticated for me.....Wink
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
8 Jan 2013 6:30PM
To completely clarify things, I've just downloaded and installed Photoshop CS2 using the link from the OP's opening post and it works just fine. In fact it's like stepping back in time.

Anyone looking for free or cheap editing software would be foolish, to say the least, not to take advantage of this offer.

Even if you don't use everything that it can do, you'll be impressed with what's available.

(Elements users who haven't got and have never used Photoshop and who often tell us how unnecessary its powers are, now's your chance to find out!)

I'm using Windows 8, albeit on a 32 bit machine.
arnieg e2
10 682 England
8 Jan 2013 8:03PM
just downloaded works well had this version then lost it when the pc died old friend returns
8 Jan 2013 10:37PM
Thanks for posting this, I've downloaded InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
8 Jan 2013 10:47PM
I've already got InDesign on here but I'd imagine that even the old (and now free) version will still be more than a match for Publisher.
User_Removed 4 4.6k 1 Scotland
9 Jan 2013 11:05AM
Adobe seem to have clarified their position. They did not intend to give anything away for free!

Quote:
Update on CS2 and Acrobat 7 Activation Servers
Posted by Adobe Corporate Communications on January 7, 2013 4:05 PM in Creatives, Digital Media

Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.

From: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/01/update-on-cs2-and-acrobat-7-activation-servers.html

9 Jan 2013 11:11AM

Quote:They did not intend to give anything away for free!

It does seem like a bit of a daft way of going about things. Surely they could've supplied an update to the program via adobe updater that doesn't require activation, rather than publicly provide download links and serial numbers?
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
10 Jan 2013 1:50PM

Quote:I'm using Windows 8, albeit on a 32 bit machine.

32 bit! How old is it????
10 Jan 2013 7:15PM
We'll see. who knows the CS2 may update..... (well one could hope). Being brave and downloading to a W7 x64 bit pc @ a wacking 28kb/s

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.