Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Photovision anybody?

Anybody 'doing' Photovision this year (in particular, Manchester on the 17th May)?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
29 Mar 2011 7:58PM
No No No (sorry for the repetition - EPZ does not allow 2-letter responses!)
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
29 Mar 2011 9:03PM
I was at the Edinburgh one today - I am afraid I was not very impressed.

Seminars starting an hour before the venue opened (Meant the event was still being set up when most people had arrived)
Not able to hear speakers (despite mikes and speakers)
Not all the advertised companies were present and some of the larger ones were only pushing the album side.
Things like that
PSILVERMAN 10 1.3k England
4 Apr 2011 12:17PM
Last years was pretty good.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it Roy. Someone else has been in touch who also went to Edinburgh and they said they had a great time b ut I think that was more on the basis of 'networking' and catching up with old friends etc.

I've never been to one before and as it's on my doorstep (Old Trafford) I might as well pop in Smile
Railcam 8 482 Scotland
4 Apr 2011 6:37PM
I went to the Edinburgh one last week. Slightly better venue (Ingliston) than last year (Murrayfield) but the seminar subjects were not too exciting. The exhibition was OK but I went mainly to meet up with a colleague.

You will enjoy it first time but subsequent years they become a bit "samey".
Keith
Thanks Keith Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
4 Apr 2011 7:24PM
What's the deal - is it a free day of seminars? Says you don't have to book and I've not seen a price there?

Quote:What's the deal - is it a free day of seminars? Says you don't have to book and I've not seen a price there?

Just register Ade and you get an emailed invite. Supposed to be a professional event but they don't seem to do any 'vetting' Smile

I'm wanting to have a chat with one of the GraphiStudio people in particular and as it's almost literally on my doorstep I'll probably pop over if nothing else crops up.

Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
4 Apr 2011 7:32PM
I may as well come down - I'd be interested to see a few of the seminars at least, so may well see you there :- )
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
4 Apr 2011 7:40PM
registered Smile
Excellent. Have to get Lee to come down and she can arrange some more doughnuts Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
4 Apr 2011 9:49PM
......I didn't get a doughnut yesterday! went in a flash didn't they!

Got a couple of pub cakes, or whatever you call them - they were spot on.

Quote:......I didn't get a doughnut yesterday! went in a flash didn't they!

Yes they certainly did.. looked good; bet they tasted better Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
5 Apr 2011 11:13PM
...best ask lee, we'll never know!

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.