Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Picfair - Anyone signed up?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ian G W
    Ian G W  10396 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jul 2013 - 1:37 PM

Has anyone here signed up to Picfair?

Any success or comments? I'm thinking of giving it a go.

Ian.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Jul 2013 - 1:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    27 Jul 2013 - 1:48 PM

The site is still being beta-tested but I can't see how it is going to be any better than the more established image libraries.

Look at it this way - until it has millions of images available, no publisher is going to look there for images.

Once (if) it has millions of images, yours have very low odds of ever being picked up (just like other libraries)

A lot of the images currently there are priced at 1, so at that price you have to sell a heck of a lot to even pay for your time uploading them.

No harm in trying, Ian - but do come back in a year and tell us how it pans out.

Last Modified By Gundog at 27 Jul 2013 - 1:50 PM
    213hardy
    213hardy e2 Member 5471 forum posts213hardy vcard England
    27 Jul 2013 - 2:46 PM

I've signed up, figured it was worth a go. Smile

Ian G W
    Ian G W  10396 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jul 2013 - 4:59 PM

Quote: The site is still being beta-tested but I can't see how it is going to be any better than the more established image libraries.

Look at it this way - until it has millions of images available, no publisher is going to look there for images.

Once (if) it has millions of images, yours have very low odds of ever being picked up (just like other libraries)

A lot of the images currently there are priced at 1, so at that price you have to sell a heck of a lot to even pay for your time uploading them.

No harm in trying, Ian - but do come back in a year and tell us how it pans out.

I agree....I've seen a few image libraries launch, stutter, and fail in the past. What concerns me about this one is that there doesn't seem to be any quality control. Upload image, and there it is for sale! I can see it becoming saturated with sub standard material if this isn't addressed, and that will put off serious image buyers immediately.

Ian.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.