Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Picfair - Anyone signed up?

Ian G W e2
11 396 3 England
27 Jul 2013 1:37PM
Has anyone here signed up to Picfair ?

Any success or comments? I'm thinking of giving it a go.

Ian.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog e2
1 624 Scotland
27 Jul 2013 1:48PM
The site is still being beta-tested but I can't see how it is going to be any better than the more established image libraries.

Look at it this way - until it has millions of images available, no publisher is going to look there for images.

Once (if) it has millions of images, yours have very low odds of ever being picked up (just like other libraries)

A lot of the images currently there are priced at 1, so at that price you have to sell a heck of a lot to even pay for your time uploading them.

No harm in trying, Ian - but do come back in a year and tell us how it pans out.
213hardy e2
6 643 England
27 Jul 2013 2:46PM
I've signed up, figured it was worth a go. Smile
Ian G W e2
11 396 3 England
27 Jul 2013 4:59PM

Quote:The site is still being beta-tested but I can't see how it is going to be any better than the more established image libraries.

Look at it this way - until it has millions of images available, no publisher is going to look there for images.

Once (if) it has millions of images, yours have very low odds of ever being picked up (just like other libraries)

A lot of the images currently there are priced at 1, so at that price you have to sell a heck of a lot to even pay for your time uploading them.

No harm in trying, Ian - but do come back in a year and tell us how it pans out.

I agree....I've seen a few image libraries launch, stutter, and fail in the past. What concerns me about this one is that there doesn't seem to be any quality control. Upload image, and there it is for sale! I can see it becoming saturated with sub standard material if this isn't addressed, and that will put off serious image buyers immediately.

Ian.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.