Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Picture mounts.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61193 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
16 Mar 2009 - 11:38 PM

Having now embarked on the competition route I find I need to frame my pics with suitable mounts. I'm not brilliant at DIY mounts and really need a cost effective, speedy delivery company. Local shops charge a flippin' fortune to cut a bit of card. Can anyone help me with a decent, reputable company that you use.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Mar 2009 - 11:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
17 Mar 2009 - 12:04 AM

Have you tried buying pre-cut mounts and printing to fit? It's about 3.50 for a 20 x 30cm last time I looked. Or, if you want a frame too, how about buying an IKEA frame as they come with pre-cut mats and, again, you could print to fit. they are extremely reasonably priced - their frames cost less than getting prints mounted locally for me.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 17 Mar 2009 - 12:05 AM
whiteswan01
17 Mar 2009 - 12:23 AM

try looking at cotswold mounts they will cut any size you want they are very cheap
Dawn

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61193 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2009 - 12:36 AM

Like the sound of both. Hadn't thought of Ikea. Will look at their website. 20x30cm may be a bit too small so will take a look at Cotswold mounts as well.

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2009 - 5:02 AM

cotswold mounts
Prices are very good, but postage can be pricy

DuncanDisorderly

I've put two orders through Cotswold Mounts.
Very fast delivery, high quality and really good value.

Two top tops!
1) Their website doesn't have all the colour / size options, ring them up and talk to them. e.g. I went for white core. snow white textured - it's not mentioned on their website.
2) Pay the supplement to upgrade the backing board from 'standard' to the same card as the main mount - that way if you need to make custom apertures you have loads of pre-cut board to hack at.

My last order was Autumn last year, effectively for 100 50x40, half with an aperture in them, half without. Came to under 140 inc VAT and delivery. Delivered by Business Post on a day convenient to me.

In short - highly recommended.

danbrann
danbrann e2 Member 10473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2009 - 4:19 PM

Another vote for Cotswold Mounts. I have used them and they are excellent.

aftertherain
17 Mar 2009 - 7:02 PM

Cotswold Mounts get a thumbs up from me too.
Please mention Ephotozine if you order - they get a lot of business from photographers and it might be worth their while to take a paid advert, if they think enough business comes from here.

janeez
17 Mar 2009 - 7:22 PM

Thank you all very much. I will definately be giving them a call. Checked Ikea but thought they were a bit high on price with the frame as well. Seems like Cotswold is the one. Maybe they would consider a discount for all us Ephotozine members! Wink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2009 - 7:50 PM

Quote: cotswold mounts
Prices are very good, but postage can be pricy

Unless you live round the corner - in my case they dropped them round to me personally Smile

Kris_Dutson
17 Mar 2009 - 7:53 PM

Cotswold Mounts also get a lot of business from me. Smile

Last Modified By Kris_Dutson at 17 Mar 2009 - 7:53 PM
NeilS
NeilS e2 Member 7876 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
17 Mar 2009 - 8:26 PM

Another recommendation for Cotswold mounts they are very good

chasney
chasney  10138 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Mar 2009 - 1:24 AM

Delivery? i'll bear that in mind A Smile

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 1:27 AM

Cotswold Mounts - vote from me....

Actually speaking to someone who pulled the stops out and kept to their word was a breath of fresh air...

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96057 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
18 Mar 2009 - 9:56 AM

Quote: Delivery? i'll bear that in mind A

I think they won't go quite out to you Chas but they'd certainly let you pick any order up....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.