Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Picture this

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

miptog
miptog  83532 forum posts United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 6:50 PM

Just a reminder, starts on Channel 4 in 10 mins

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jan 2008 - 6:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

imander
imander  7388 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 8:07 PM

really enjoyed it, but wonder what others thought of the eventual winner
ian

miptog
20 Jan 2008 - 8:08 PM

OK, Six photographers over three weeks, and judged by Martin Parr amongst others. No Wildlife, Architecture, Macro, Landscapes. What, if anything, does this say?

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Jan 2008 - 8:10 PM

Quote: Really enjoyed it, but wonder what others thought of the eventual winner
ian

Like the rest of the program the judges even got that wrong.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110290 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 8:13 PM

Don't agree with you there Andy, my wife and I thought the other lass's images were more professional and probably more saleable - just nothing very new or exciting.

I think they were in part rewarding the one who learn't most during the process and had a more "Raw" talent?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014145 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 8:21 PM

You could see she was going to win from a mile off - all that recovering alcoholic/tortured artist stuff is exactly the sort of stuff the arty crowd love Wink

Quote: OK, Six photographers over three weeks, and judged by Martin Parr amongst others. No Wildlife, Architecture, Macro, Landscapes. What, if anything, does this say?

The only thing worth taking pictures of is people?

imander
imander  7388 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 8:23 PM

for me i thought lucinda should of won, i like her ideas and think she would have more potential, well thats my uneducated opinion...lol
ian

Cristian
Cristian  9950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points

I thought the Liz had the more powerful images and had indeed improved most during the competition. I was also a little disappointed with Lucinda's images as I think she had the ability to achieve much more.

Obviously an incredible experience for all 6 entrants and I'm sure they've each learnt an awful lot.

Last Modified By Cristian at 20 Jan 2008 - 8:25 PM
Lou_C
Lou_C  7755 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points

I thought the wrong person won, but I had a feeling she'd win from the first episode when she played to sob story card early on. Lucinda's photos were far better, and more easily saleable.

scottishphototours

Raw talent ? - had she not known alcoholism in her life, I wonder what she'd have tackled ?

The follow up shots in the gallery in Newcastle of the feet of recoverd alcoholics - B*gger me, what complete Bo**ocks...

I thought the winners images were staged, amateur and obvious. The fact that she won after the panel of judges saw fit to view the shots she hadn't included in her set was a travesty. Her set, her choice - no way should that panel have viewed her other shots.

Having said all that, Lucinda's shots were technically well executed but as dull as dishwater..... and all after a degree in photography !

Personally I think this was yet another photography show that promised lots and delivered very little.

Andy.

pepperst
pepperst  72328 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 8:31 PM

Dull and blinkered program thoughout, I think they looked at giving the unknown newbie a leg up aware that the other won would benefit a load from the publicity, which she did in the end.

Everybody wins, the worlds a better place and another trugid format passes

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 8:58 PM

This is the first I've seen of this particular programme and wished I'd seen all the previous one because I don't think I could make a decision based on seeing just the one episode however, it did seem clear who would win and I wasn't surprised but what I did find it extraordinary that shots that were not included were viewed by the judges after submission..based on the original submission I wonder if they would have made her the winner?

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Jan 2008 - 9:06 PM

Quote: This is the first I've seen of this particular programme and wished I'd seen all the previous one because I don't think I could make a decision based on seeing just the one episode however, it did seem clear who would win and I wasn't surprised but what I did find it extraordinary that shots that were not included were viewed by the judges after submission..based on the original submission I wonder if they would have made her the winner?

Not the first time it has happened.

Snapper
Snapper  93752 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jan 2008 - 9:10 PM

The funny thing is that one of the guys got put off last week because he had left his best shots out. The judges told him this showed his picture editing skills weren't up to the mark. Go figure!

miptog
20 Jan 2008 - 9:23 PM

Quote: The judges told him this showed his picture editing skills weren't up to the mark. Go figure!

I think the final two were still much more of a risk than the judges thought, and so wanted to take every opportunity to limit the risk. However, in principle, still very much changing the rules to suit.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.