Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Pinhole Camera - Charity Project in Romania

3 Jul 2008 6:35PM
Hopefully this is an appropriate post for this forum?

Someone I met relatively recently, Claire Griffiths, is off to Romania soon (see http://pinholeinromania.blogspot.com/ for details )

She needs lots of stuff and some money

Basically I'm just asking if anyone has any donations for the project, we need a few things that i'm hoping some people might have hanging around and want to get rid of!

The list goes:

* Some form of timer (eg. old digital watch with stopwatch function, stopwatch etc) we need loads of these so that the kids can time their exposures!

* 10x8 Black and white photo paper, preferably Ilford, (preferably pearl/matt but that isn't too strict!) It doesn't matter if it's been in your cupboard years, anything would help, even if it's not ilford!

* a jessops safelight! (or bulbs for this safelight!)

* blackout material that we can use to make a bathroom into a light safe room.

* Black electrical tape (we need tonnes of it!)

No money is being made out of this, I am already totally out of pocket paying for flights/trains to get over there, the project is ran by donations to the charity and some fundraising has been done but we are limited!
The charity I go over with is: www.e4cn.org/

END QUOTE

I decided to make a cash donation because I don't have any of the items on the list! Can you help in any way?

Stephen

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

11 Jul 2008 7:19PM
With her flatpack, home made pinhole cameras in her suitcases, Clare is off to Romania on 26 July. Check out her blog at http://pinholeinromania.blogspot.com/

Personally speaking I can't wait to see the photos that the children produce.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.