Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

pink whites and blow outs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    HuntedDragon
    2 Sep 2010 - 11:45 AM

hi all, just wandering if pink sky lines on the RAW is narmal? anything white goes pinky, including with a flash or even just lights etc, anything white gets it...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Sep 2010 - 11:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82308 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Sep 2010 - 12:08 PM

Not sure about this, but it sounds as though your default white balance is off. In your RAW editor try reducing the WB setting to see if the colours correct. What WB setting do you use as default? Remember the ability to adjust WB post shot is one of the big advantages of RAW.

Last Modified By sherlob at 2 Sep 2010 - 12:09 PM
    HuntedDragon
    3 Sep 2010 - 8:59 AM

generally i'm on the auto whitebalence, its takes about 4 changes to sort the pink, it goes grey if you over do any stage, like a fake painted light grey.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82308 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Sep 2010 - 10:14 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding. I don't know if you shoot in RAW, but if not give it a go. This will enable you to custom select the WB you need. I use Lightroom and it provides me with a great deal of flexibility to adjust the white balance tones. An alternative is to buy a WB filter - I haven't tried them, but the reviews I've read are good (bu they are pricey). Basically these allow you to set the correct WB in any lighting conditions using your cameras custom WB setting.

Hope this is of some help...

Adam

HuntedDragon
    6 Sep 2010 - 12:58 AM

i've tried the cusrom gragh WB and the grey card methods, and yes i shoot in RAW. just wandered why it does it on this camera in particular and not others, including non canon camera's.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.