Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pixmantec RawShooter - help please!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janehewitt
janehewitt  10215 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2006 - 1:13 PM

I have tried shooting RAW format and can convert these using the software that came with the camera (E500 Olympus) but that is quite basic so I downloaded Pixmantec raw shooter which looks fairly straightforward to use BUT when I upload photos they are there for a few seconds and then the thumbnails go black - I understand it loads 'proxies' for you to view but it just will not let me open my files. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? If you do reply and I don't answer tonight please excuse me but I've been at school all day (yes I know it's Sunday!! School production looming) and I'm tired so I'm off to sleep. Thanks Jane

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jan 2006 - 1:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock
15 Jan 2006 - 1:21 PM

At a guess your PC is an Athlon, not an Athlon-XP, processor. This is a known issue for RawShooter which requires the instruction set that older processors don't have.

KRs
Chris

janehewitt
15 Jan 2006 - 1:25 PM

Thanks Chris but I don't think that's the problem as its a brand new laptop with XP? Thanks anyway Jane

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2006 - 1:29 PM

It works fine with my machine fitted with an Athlon.
You might need the latest version, that is assuming you installed it a while ago.
No problem should be experienced with the e500.
Try uninstalling it then re-install.
Ken

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2006 - 2:24 PM

I could say try Capture 1.

Try posting your experience on their web site, or look up their frequently asked questions. It could be they have some work around.

I have an AMD system and it runs on it.

akh
akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2006 - 2:35 PM

If you get no luck here you could join the Pixmantec forum and ask there or look at some of the previous postings.
Tony

skeletor
skeletor  101643 forum posts England
15 Jan 2006 - 2:40 PM

Jane,
Are you sure you have the latest version (1.0.1 build 61), as I think the E500 is only supported in the very latest version.

Steve

Edit: Just read your post again. Not sure if you have RSE or RSP. RSE may not support the E500

janehewitt
15 Jan 2006 - 10:01 PM

Thanks evryone, I will try your suggestions and let you know I appreciate your time Jane

janehewitt
16 Jan 2006 - 9:31 AM

Well thank goodness for ephotozine forum is all I can say! I registered for Pixmantec forum as Tony suggested and after 30 minutes I've given up trying to figure out how to post a message! I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. however, i downloaded a trial of 'Premium' and that works so I can only assume my camera is not supported by free version! Oh well thanks again everyone jane

timsmith
timsmith  9 England
16 Jan 2006 - 9:37 AM

Only just seen this so its too late for my advice this time!! Glad you got it sorted.
Tim

strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2006 - 9:40 AM

Jane If you are going to have to pay for it try out C1LE. It costs about the same and for some of us the images com out better.

janehewitt
16 Jan 2006 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the advice, I've just downloaded a trial of Capture 1 and am now happily playing! Jane

rcuthy
rcuthy  9 Isle Of Man
16 Jan 2006 - 2:52 PM

Hi Jane
I too have just purchased an Olympus E500 - still waiting impatiently for it to arrive in the post.
I have already downloaded the RawShooter from Pixmantec in preparation and came across your posting here. (I was going to post a similar question).
I would be interested to find out how you got on with the trial versions and which one you went for if the basic Rawshooter does not work with the E500.
In the meantime back to the window to wait for Postie to trundle over the horizon on his donkey!!!

janehewitt
16 Jan 2006 - 9:39 PM

Richard you will LOVE the E500! It's so versatile. I also treated myself to a macro lens.Look forward to seeing what you think of it, Jane

rcuthy
rcuthy  9 Isle Of Man
17 Jan 2006 - 9:16 AM

Still looking out the window - I think Postie has traded his donkey in for a tortoise

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.