Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Places to stay in Cornwall

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    phil beale
    phil beale  101502 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Aug 2004 - 11:32 PM

Has anyone got recommendation for somewhere to stay in Cornwall, I'm ideally looking towards Newquay. I've booked a week off work and found a holiday park to stay at only to go and book to find them with no availability.
    Ideally I'm looking for a somewhere around the 12th September for about 200 pound for the week.

Ideally a cottage or apartment with a good pub on the doorstep (not one for cooking when on holiday). I'm not one for B&B's as I've found they tend to kick you out for the day and I like to spread myself out and not to be confined to one room.

Any top places to stay from any members much appreciated and if they have websites even better.

Thanks for your tips in advance

Phil

P.S. anyone wanting to meet up around this time please get in contact as it's my first visit to the area.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Aug 2004 - 11:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Aug 2004 - 3:22 AM

I know a good little B+B in the Bodmin Moor area - the usually have room. let me know if you would like the contact details.

Mattw

Take-a-View
    13 Aug 2004 - 9:59 AM

Try a company called Cornish Traditional Cottages
    www.corncott.com/
    A good database on line showing what's available

phil beale
    14 Aug 2004 - 6:40 PM

Thanks Ian for the site but they seem to have no availability. Am I really destined to spend my weeks holiday at home?

Or can someone help

Phil

agoreira
    agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
    14 Aug 2004 - 8:28 PM

I live in Pembrokeshire, and my friend works in the Tourist Information Office, and she tells me there's hardly a bed to be had here, so I imagine Cornwall would be very similar. And as for a cottage or apartment for 200, dream on! Wink A caravan cost in excess of 400! Although I'm of Cornish stock, I'm not up to speed on current prices there, but I would imagine they would be similar, if not more. Plus Newquay is one of the most popular, thus pricier, areas. I wish you luck in your quest, but I think you'd be very lucky to get reasonable accommodation for that price. I'm not sure if more people are staying home, rather than go abroad, but we've seen record numbers here this year. Roll on mid September, lets get rid of most of them. Wink

Frank W

naturenut
    naturenut  111801 forum posts England
    14 Aug 2004 - 8:43 PM

Ooooooh ... we were in Pembrokeshire (Talbenny) in June and it was beautiful, had gorgeous hot weather, won't be coming back now then ;o)
    Although Bath is full of tourists too, is there no escape ;o)

agoreira
    14 Aug 2004 - 9:22 PM

Talbenny is the other side of the Haven from me, but I spend time all over the county! Wink I was in Dale and St Anne's Head on Thursday, and I go through Marloes on the way to Martin's Haven when I go over to Skomer, so I know the area well.
    Used to know Bath well, I had 4 years at Colerne when it was a RAF base, and as a teenager , used to work in a bar in Bath for extra money! Loved it! Been back a few times since, but it's far too busy for me now. And the last time I was there, I thought it had gone downhill a lot. :-( Hotels are overpriced, parking almost impossible. I'd rather be walking the coastal path in Pembrokeshire! Wink

Frank

phil beale
    14 Aug 2004 - 11:18 PM

I think you might be right Frank. I did find a holiday park "John farmers" who where offering that week for 190 with the usual amenities pool, pub etc. But by the time i got around to booking they were fully booked.

When posting the last comment i noticed the google searches at the bottom of the page so currently trying these. If I have no success I may have to decorate the lounge.

Phil

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Aug 2004 - 9:42 AM

Phill, Sorry not chacking back earlier - The phone number for the B+B in Bodmin Moor 01579 348000 - worth chacking with them even if everyone is booked up (but they only have double rooms).

they also don't mind when I go off for dawn shoots.

Mattw

UserRemoved
    15 Aug 2004 - 11:18 AM

You could always try N Wales - just been booking my parents into B&B for this week and there seemed to be some vacancies left

I'm already booked for Cornwall for a week starting Sat, smug smiles all around!

Pembrokeshire: Little England beyond Wales (there's even the remains of a ditch: Welsh speakers/names one side and English t'other). Lovely down there!

alex.allen
    alex.allen  1189 forum posts
    15 Aug 2004 - 11:43 AM

If you can go a couple of weeks later try hengarmanor.co.uk they have self catering bungalows for 230 for the week in late September.
    Not too far from Newquay.
    We stayed there a few years ago and it is quite good, shop pub and restaurant on site. also fishing if you are interested.
    Alex
    PS sorry I can't do a link.

agoreira
    15 Aug 2004 - 1:59 PM

"Pembrokeshire: Little England beyond Wales (there's even the remains of a ditch: Welsh speakers/names one side and English t'other). Lovely down there!"

Being English (but have spent more time here than in England) we're very much in the English, non Welsh speaking half! Below the Landsker Line WinkIn fact almost all of our immediate friends are all Englisn incomers.
    But it's awful here, don't come down!Smile There's already far too many tourists. Leave it to us "locals"! Wink

Frank W

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.