Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Playing catch-up

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85908 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2010 - 8:51 PM

Thought I would settle down this evening, with a few beers and catch up on the galllery uploads etc;Tongue

Platting fog would be easier.....my 3G dongle on my works laptop is faster Sad
No problem with any other sites etc;
Just wondered if any others were suffring from slow page loads?

Must admit, 'tis a long time since I complained about the site speed.

Off to submit a report, if it will let me

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Oct 2010 - 8:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108374 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2010 - 9:08 PM

Just done a trace route and got lots of timeouts so it would suggest a network problem to me Adrian.

Doug

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85908 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2010 - 9:17 PM

Thanks Doug...but why is it only here that I am suffering the problem?, or do you mean a network problem with EPZ?

Adrian

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108374 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2010 - 10:03 PM

Not sure why only EPZ is being slow.
My trace route used 30 hops and everything from hops 13 to 30 showed a timeout so I don't think it is a problem with EPZ's servers.

I have put the info on your report and the guys will investigate it.

tomcat
8 Oct 2010 - 10:07 PM

...Ta

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9882 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2010 - 10:16 PM

I too am am experiencing slow speed just on EPZ
Neil

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
9 Oct 2010 - 6:24 PM

Yes very slow today (up-loading photos and going through the gallery ot view other people's photos). JNC

tomcat
9 Oct 2010 - 6:31 PM

It is the same as I type.
Everything is taking several seconds, at best to load.

Adrian

Edit..this comment took 18 seconds to load

Last Modified By tomcat at 9 Oct 2010 - 6:32 PM
tomcat
10 Oct 2010 - 7:53 PM

Just managed to submit another report. Thought I was going to get timed out.
As well as the problems previously mentioned, which are still occuring, I have had to have five attempts at setting the e-mail notification button on an upload.

I appreciate it is Sunday and do not expect owt to be resolved now.
Is it the site or is it problems with certain ISP's

There was the issue ages ago with some sort of incompatibility with AOL, which I still use as my ISP.

Adrian

chalkhillblue
chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2010 - 8:51 PM

Problems with me also, very slow, using Firefox and Yahoo, will have to leave it for tonight and try again tomorrow.
David

Jestertheclown
10 Oct 2010 - 8:56 PM

This site, and this site only, has been running at a snail's pace all evening.

Everything else is fine.

It was OK yesterday but today, nothing on here wants to load.

I've already changed my IP address so that I'm using the Google servers as recommended in another thread and whilst that's made a difference to the speed at which Epz loads, it's also increased the speed at which everything else loads so Epz is still slower by comparison.

This site's always been a bit slow and I've always put it down to its size. In other words, there's a lot to "move around" when you load certain pages but I'm finding it increasingly annoying and also finding it increasingly hard to believe that it's the fault of anything outside of the site.

Jester.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2010 - 8:58 PM

I'll flag this thread so the guys see people are having problems.

Can't really comment about mine as every site seems to grind to a halt after 7pm since my ISP "upgraded" my link!

Jestertheclown
10 Oct 2010 - 9:06 PM

Thanks Chris,

This has been an ongoing problem for me for ages but it's intermittent.
When everything's working properly, it's, well, OK though never great and when it goes t**s up, like now, it becomes hopeless.
Then there's the business of returning to the wrong page (page one) when I click on the "return to gallery" button.
That's been happening, again intermittently, since I came here two years ago. I've reported it but no-one seems to know why that happens either.

Jester.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 10 Oct 2010 - 9:07 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2010 - 9:27 PM

It seems to be very variable for me - just did half a dozen refreshes of Recent Activity, most came back in a few seconds then suddenly it goes to 45 seconds.
Is that just my link?

Jestertheclown
10 Oct 2010 - 9:35 PM

It's all taking ages on here.
The worst are the links to the Critique gallery.
Whichever route I try, it still takes forever.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.