Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Playing catch-up

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
17 Oct 2010 - 8:32 PM

This is ridiculous.
I'm going to have a bath. I'll probably be finished before this loads.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Oct 2010 - 8:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2010 - 8:34 PM

Quote: Logging off for the evening

Falling asleep waiting for the pages to load

Deja vous methinks Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2010 - 8:43 PM

Well for the first time I'm with you - I'm trying to catch up on the last couple of days pictures and it's nightmare. I'll get them to spend tomorrow looking for the problems. I think it may be to do with the latest gallery revamp which is due to go live soon as a beta. Sorry everyone :-(

Jestertheclown
17 Oct 2010 - 9:01 PM

Pete, without wishing you any ill will, I say thank goodness that someone at the top is suffering as we are.

However, I've been blighted by this lack of response and problems with the "return to gallery" button intermittently since I joined two years ago so I don't think it's got a lot to do with the gallery revamp unless it's taking a very long time!

Jester.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72338 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
17 Oct 2010 - 9:13 PM

Just letting everyone know that we are currently looking into the problem.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72338 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
17 Oct 2010 - 9:22 PM

I believe the site speed should be back to normal now. I have a strong feeling it was down to some more gallery upgrades we are working on. We will be looking into a way to better execute these upgrades now to ensure this doesn't happen again during peak time.

Thanks for your patience.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2010 - 9:39 PM

ohh thats better - 3 seconds to show the page.

(nope - spoke too soon 30seconds to post that comment)

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 17 Oct 2010 - 10:13 PM
Jestertheclown
17 Oct 2010 - 9:52 PM

It's back to its normal speed here as well.

Wonder if the "return to gallery" button's still playing about?

Jester.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Oct 2010 - 4:58 AM

Up with the lark this morning Grin

The site is trundling away like a good 'un Smile

Pete's magical intervension seems to have worked Tongue

Adrian

Alan_Coles
18 Oct 2010 - 1:44 PM

It was going great early this morning but I have just come back on for a "trundle" and it's gone back to treacle mode...Dougie had my one comment which took between 30-45 seconds to record... *sigh* Sad

davidburleson
18 Oct 2010 - 1:46 PM

Quote: It was going great early this morning but I have just come back on for a "trundle" and it's gone back to treacle mode...Dougie had my one comment which took between 30-45 seconds to record... *sigh* Sad

We are actually in the middle of a few upgrades to improve the speed of the page. Unfortunatly, it requires a slow down occasionlly before it speeds up.

Should all be back to normal now.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 18 Oct 2010 - 1:46 PM
tomcat
18 Oct 2010 - 8:06 PM

One has to laugh.Grin
Just when the site is sorting itself out, AOL are having connection problems, in their words "multiple areas" Sad

About the only site I can actually log onto & do owt is here Smile

Bravo Pete & the gangTongue

Last Modified By tomcat at 18 Oct 2010 - 8:08 PM
tomcat
18 Oct 2010 - 8:25 PM

Does this help
Snatched a few minutes ago..the bit at the bottom
1-capture.jpg

RogBrown
RogBrown  73001 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
18 Oct 2010 - 9:30 PM

I'm on TalkTalk & couldn't get on line all evening till now.

tomcat
18 Oct 2010 - 9:38 PM

Quote: I'm on TalkTalk & couldn't get on line all evening till now.

Same here Rog
Just the fact that my account still comes under the AOL banner..Same company different name Smile
When I rang I did get an automated message explaing the issues..issues lasted for approx two and half hours

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 18 Oct 2010 - 9:39 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.