Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please excuse me if I show off my communication skills and in-depth knowledge of ...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Cephus
    Cephus  92100 forum posts England
    5 Feb 2012 - 7:42 PM

I have just installed Photoshop 8 CS on a laptop with windows 7 platform.
    When I attempt to load or save a file I get the same result i.e.

"Cannot complete your request because the disc is full"

Can anyone please help?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Feb 2012 - 7:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
    5 Feb 2012 - 8:03 PM

how much free space have you i guess on disc

Cephus
    5 Feb 2012 - 8:09 PM

Quote: How much free space have you i guess on disc

242 Gb of free space.

StuartAt
    StuartAt e2 Member 91029 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Feb 2012 - 8:17 PM

Are you using a separate disk as the 'scratch disk' - if so, has that got plenty of space on it?

Cephus
    5 Feb 2012 - 8:24 PM

Quote: Are you using a separate disk as the 'scratch disk' - if so, has that got plenty of space on it?

No I'm only using the disc in the laptop. The message does not mention "scratch disc" just "disc".

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Feb 2012 - 8:38 PM

Each program has some space allocated to it, have you tried increasing the amount of memory (Disc and/or RAM) assigned to CS?

Jack_Schitt
    5 Feb 2012 - 8:38 PM

i didn't think anything below cs 2 would run on windows 7. that aside it sounds like your cs is trying to save to the disk from which it was installed - or you/it have created a virtual disk somehow.

Jestertheclown

Do you mean that that PS is successfully installed?

What do you mean exactly when you say that you go to "load or save" a file?

Where are you loading or saving it from and to?

Cephus
    5 Feb 2012 - 9:09 PM

I can start PS in the normal way and the prog will run.

I can create a new file using File-New and a document opens.

I can put text on the page with text using the text facility.

When I try to save the page I am unable to because the file is locked.

If I try to load an existing picture into PS I cant because I'm told "the disc is full"

I am trying to save the doc to my pictures file on my C drive and trying to load a picture from the same place.

Last Modified By Cephus at 5 Feb 2012 - 9:11 PM
    Jestertheclown

I've just tried doing everything you describe there and it all works. Admittedly, I'm using CS5 but in theory, it should be the same.
    I had wondered whether or not you had rasterised the type and flattened the layers but I managed to save it either way. Opening an image worked as normal, as I'd expect it to.
    I have to wonder if Jack's right when he says that he reckons that there's a compatability problem between your Photoshop 8 CS (I'm not really sure what that is) and Windows 7. It is looking likely.

Cephus
    5 Feb 2012 - 9:48 PM

OK guys thanks for your interest I'll just have to get used to paintshop SadSad

Jestertheclown

I've never used Paintshop but I've just looked up your photoshop 8 CS and to be honest, it's so old that there's quite probably a free editor out there that would be a match for it.

Sabreur
    Sabreur  8767 forum posts England
    5 Feb 2012 - 10:04 PM

Where on c: are you trying to save the file? CS won't be aware of the areas that Windows 7 protects, and a disk full message might actually mean 'you don't have permission to save'.

You could try running CS as an administrator, and see if that changes anything.

Cephus
    5 Feb 2012 - 11:36 PM

Quote: Where on c: are you trying to save the file? CS won't be aware of the areas that Windows 7 protects, and a disk full message might actually mean 'you don't have permission to save'.

You could try running CS as an administrator, and see if that changes anything.

I do have an admin account, however I created another admin account in a different name and so far all is working OK so I'll stick to using the new account.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.