Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please feedback on my site (version 2)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 7240 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    19 Dec 2012 - 12:51 PM

Having initially launched my site on weebly, I have discovered that moonfruit allows me to be more creative and incorporate more elements. So having now built the site, I thought I'd share it with you guys. Who are always so helpful when it comes back to feedback and critique Smile the site is www.chpimaging.moonfruit.co.uk

Thanks as always

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Dec 2012 - 12:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GPTek
    GPTek e2 Member 8434 forum postsGPTek vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2012 - 7:27 PM

Great pics but you need to check:
    Home page - you have used upper case A & P in amateur photographer when there's no need.
    - there's a mystery Th at the end of the first paragraph

About page - first paragraph is written in the third person while the second is written in the first person. (The home page is written in first person)
    - definately should be definitely

Hope that helps

Geoff

chrisheathcote
    19 Dec 2012 - 8:03 PM

Thanks for that Geoff. I'm crap at proofing, in fact reading in general Grin

bigalguitarpicker
    19 Dec 2012 - 11:02 PM

Dump the bit about pics that don't work. Quickly! Your site is a showcase of your expertise, not your rubbish!

Bonvilston
    20 Dec 2012 - 1:01 PM

I see the work you have done to change from your original site. This is certainly clearer and concentrates on the photography very clearly. It is a very dark theme and so you need to make elements within it stand out. For example your self portrait is sepia which doesn't look good on this grey background. It might look alright if you did what you have done with your actual images and set it in a white frame. When I did a website recently I tried moonfruit and wix and jimdo and weebly, etc. Some were better than others, but when I asked for comments on here i got the clear message that I needed to ditch the free sites and go for a dedicated one. I was also guided towards using wordpress as a way to get a site up and running without too much effort. The feeling was that " get a free website with wix" type of message gave out the wrong message - basically that i wasn't serious and was a cheapskate.

If it is any use you can see the two versions of what i did here for the free one and here for the wordpress one. If you want to talk through setting up a wordpress site, please feel free to send me a message on here and i will try to talk you through how to set it up how you want.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Peter

chrisheathcote
    20 Dec 2012 - 9:26 PM

Thanks Al & Geoff, taken those bits on board and changed.

Thanks Peter, my plan was once I had found a host I liked, I would then upgrade the site and so lose the "create a free site" & ".freeadvert.co.uk" parts so that it looked as though it was my site. I have already purchased a domain name chpimaging.co.uk so all I need is to find a site to attach it to. At present the site is purely a showcase rather than a means to make any money, (my pics arent yet that good), so I do not want to shell out loads on a webhost. You can definately see the improvement on your 2 sites so I might give them a go. A few questions first.

1) Can you create html code and so add facebook comment boxes to link the 2 together.

2) Can you use your own domain name

3) I can see the paid option gives you customisable pages, but can you add buttons etc. as mine has

I'm sure there will be more to come Grin

Thanks

Chris

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.