Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please help - websites

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ThomasRichards_Photography

I am a teenage photographer and I'm looking to take it a lot further and was wondering if anybody knows how I can create my own website and change/customize it whenever I want. And I've seen all the ones where its free for a month and then costs after that and I don't want one of those.

Hope you guys can help. thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Apr 2012 - 3:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93485 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2012 - 3:38 PM

...sorry Thomas...just watching...with interest.

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2012 - 3:42 PM

Thomas, if you want to really get into photography and take it alot further, you are probably going to have to pay.

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93485 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2012 - 3:47 PM

....can't speak for Thomas...but I've paid...by gosh I've paid... Smile

meercat
    meercat  5278 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2012 - 3:49 PM

It all really depends on what you want it to do for you. but chances are to get exactly what you want you wil have to contact a web developer/designer. Or learn a lot about CSS and HTML (there are plenty of sites to teach you that).

darrensmithgbr
    25 Apr 2012 - 4:16 PM

you might have some "webspace" with your internet provider and pay for a domain which is quite a cheap option but has limits. you can then forward your address to the webspace you have. this is quite a cheap option and come companies will charge a few pound to register your domain for a year with an ongoing fee of about the same price every year. you can then use all the online information about html and css that is about to teach yourself. I would also look at some of the free software for designing webpages (coffeecup for example) which does quite a bit for you and then you can work on the presentation of the site.

Jestertheclown
    25 Apr 2012 - 4:19 PM

"Google sites" are free and can be customised to quite a degree.
    It's also dead easy to apply your own domain name/URL, assuming you've got, or are going to get one.
    As has been said already though, it all depends on what you want from it.

JohnHawthorne
    25 Apr 2012 - 4:55 PM

I've just had a look at Google sites as well and that might be what you want. If you want something more configurable then you will have to pay a web hosting company for that privilege. However mine only costs around 40 a year or less I think. I use a combination of my own html and JAlbum galleries to present the images. I can highly recommend JAlbum if you need to upload your site to a web hosting company directly (as opposed to configuring it onsite like Google sites).

Eastlands
    Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2012 - 7:30 PM

Have you considered the likes of Clikpic, thats my choice and it is not that expensive and gives you good support and is easy to make changes to your site, John.

Ian White
    Ian White  11177 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2012 - 8:29 PM

Have you seen www.wix.com looks quite good and should get you going.

Al the best,Ian

sasan_habibian

I created photo gallery website (www.objectphotos.com) with free CMS from zenphoto.org
    Its not bad and working with control panel is easy.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.