Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Please help. Disk Problem

Hoffy e2
10 257 16 England
12 Jun 2005 11:33AM
I have just arrived back from a big family wedding and have tried to open the disk to down load the images.

Around 200 Raw files on a two gig compact disk taken on a Minota 7d.

The normal file is there when you call the disk up. But it only has 40 pics in it.

All the other files are listed in seperate folders that are unreadable. The file names are all in symbol format.

When you try and run the normal file, you get a runtime error.

I have managed to call down the 40 pictures which 8 of them are unreadable.

Has anyone seen this before?
Dose anyone have any idear of how to copy the unreadable files.

Your help is realy appreciated as these are very important pictures of people that will never be together again.

Thank you in advance.

paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sabreur 9 767 England
12 Jun 2005 12:49PM
Did your compact flash card come with any image recovery software? If not, I think that there are some free versions available - try Google. Have a look at some of the older threads on here, as other people have had the same problem.
bailey73 e2
11 357
12 Jun 2005 1:56PM
Hi

What compact flash are you using? I have some free image recovery software from Lexar I can send you if it helps?

Darren
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
12 Jun 2005 2:31PM
Sorry to hear about your problems Paul.
Try Here for some recovery software.
PC Inspector File Recovery works well.

Doug
griffin 10 68
12 Jun 2005 2:50PM
I managed to delete all the images on my flash disk and ended up using Image Recall from http://www.flashfixers.com/ recovered some images i had taken ages ago too and had long formated the drive after. Strangely it seemed to semi-recover the thumbnails of a few images i know i never took and dont remember lending the camera nor the card to anyone very odd. Went with image recall as it is designed to look for specific file types that cameras use.

g
Hoffy e2
10 257 16 England
13 Jun 2005 11:03PM
I have managed to rescue all bar 8 pictures.
A programe called PC inspector.

Thank you all for your help.

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.