Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please keep the Wildlife gallery free of captive animals

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Problem solved
conrad
conrad  910873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 4:29 AM

Well, that rules out putting my wife's cats under wildlife, then, although they don't seem to be under the impression that they're "captive animals" at all! Wink

Conrad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jul 2005 - 4:29 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 4:45 AM

I think Captive animals even if they arn't domesticated should not be in the wildlife category. I was so anoyed that after the months of work it took to take this shot that it was judged next to shots that were just taken through the fence of a wildlife park.

Shocking!

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 4:51 AM

lol Chris, was your bait up a tree?

Ian

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 5:09 AM

As I am sure you know Ian up a tree is really the only way to bait these vicious creatures Smile

Hazard
Hazard  101192 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 - 5:35 AM

I have to agree with Mattw on this one.
But come on guys does it really matter ?

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 5:39 AM

If you go to the Leopard enclosure at Chester Zoo you are lucky to get a glimpse of the animals and are kept at a distance from them by bars and glass. On a safari there is nothing between you and them so providing the guide can get you to within range of your lens a shot of one is arguably easier. So which situation requires most skill on the part of the photographer?

I hardly ever look at categories anyway, my point is to try and show that the situation is not clear cut.

Ian

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 6:56 AM

Like Hazard say's does it really matter......I'd prefer to keep the muppets out of the forums!.....But that's a whole new arguement I guess.....

Ade

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 6:59 AM

Quote: I'd prefer to keep the muppets out of the forums!

But where would you go, Ade?

klewis
klewis  101870 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 7:06 AM

Ade could join me on the Hedgehog Safari. I'm sure he would be able to keep up with them

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jul 2005 - 7:07 AM

THANK YOU......Spose I asked for that didn't I?

It's a good job I'm thick skinned.....No smartarse remarks on that quote please, you rotten sods!

Ade

DerekL
DerekL e2 Member 9100 forum postsDerekL vcard England23 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2005 - 2:18 PM

Is this supposed to be a photographic site or what?
As we are all photographers of differing standards, surely the most important thing is the quality of the final image produced.
I agree taking animals in the wild is more difficult, but if the images recorded by this method are of poor quality, why not take them in wildlife parks etc. instead.

At the end of the day, a good photo will always stand out, no matter how, or where it was taken.

Derek Lees

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
28 Jul 2005 - 2:37 PM

Quote: I agree taking animals in the wild is more difficult, but if the images recorded by this method are of poor quality, why not take them in wildlife parks etc. instead.

There is absolutly no problem at all with that Derek, no one is saying it should not be done, just give us the facts and post in the appropriate gallery.

GeoffP
GeoffP  9130 forum posts Portugal
28 Jul 2005 - 2:46 PM

Well at least it will only be 25 or so posts a day then as I reckon 80% plus of the snaps posted on EPZ are domesticated, captive, caged, captured, drugged, dead, super-glued, frozen etc. etc.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
28 Jul 2005 - 2:57 PM

Quote: Well at least it will only be 25 or so posts a day then as I reckon 80% plus of the snaps posted on EPZ are domesticated, captive, caged, captured, drugged, dead, super-glued, frozen etc. etc.

No, today there were aprox double the number of posts in Wildlife than Pets/Captive Animals, and only a tiny portion were in the wrong gallery (including a pic of some buttons?).

I could see no dead, druged, frozen or glued animals in either gallery!

covey
covey  91672 forum posts Ireland
28 Jul 2005 - 3:14 PM

Then again some of the wildlife photos seem to wander off as is there want and totally disappear Smile

T.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Problem solved