Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Please keep the Wildlife gallery free of captive animals

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Problem solved

conrad 10 10.9k 116
27 Jul 2005 4:29AM
Well, that rules out putting my wife's cats under wildlife, then, although they don't seem to be under the impression that they're "captive animals" at all! Wink

Conrad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 4:45AM
I think Captive animals even if they arn't domesticated should not be in the wildlife category. I was so anoyed that after the months of work it took to take this shot that it was judged next to shots that were just taken through the fence of a wildlife park.

Shocking!
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 4:51AM
lol Chris, was your bait up a tree?

Ian
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 5:09AM
As I am sure you know Ian up a tree is really the only way to bait these vicious creatures Smile
Hazard 11 1.2k United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 5:35AM
I have to agree with Mattw on this one.
But come on guys does it really matter ?
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 5:39AM
If you go to the Leopard enclosure at Chester Zoo you are lucky to get a glimpse of the animals and are kept at a distance from them by bars and glass. On a safari there is nothing between you and them so providing the guide can get you to within range of your lens a shot of one is arguably easier. So which situation requires most skill on the part of the photographer?

I hardly ever look at categories anyway, my point is to try and show that the situation is not clear cut.

Ian
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
27 Jul 2005 6:56AM
Like Hazard say's does it really matter......I'd prefer to keep the muppets out of the forums!.....But that's a whole new arguement I guess.....

Ade
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
27 Jul 2005 6:59AM

Quote:I'd prefer to keep the muppets out of the forums!

But where would you go, Ade?
klewis 10 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
27 Jul 2005 7:06AM
Ade could join me on the Hedgehog Safari. I'm sure he would be able to keep up with them
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
27 Jul 2005 7:07AM
THANK YOU......Spose I asked for that didn't I?

It's a good job I'm thick skinned.....No smartarse remarks on that quote please, you rotten sods!

Ade
DerekL e2
9 115 24 England
28 Jul 2005 2:18PM
Is this supposed to be a photographic site or what?
As we are all photographers of differing standards, surely the most important thing is the quality of the final image produced.
I agree taking animals in the wild is more difficult, but if the images recorded by this method are of poor quality, why not take them in wildlife parks etc. instead.

At the end of the day, a good photo will always stand out, no matter how, or where it was taken.

Derek Lees
cambirder 10 7.2k England
28 Jul 2005 2:37PM

Quote:I agree taking animals in the wild is more difficult, but if the images recorded by this method are of poor quality, why not take them in wildlife parks etc. instead.

There is absolutly no problem at all with that Derek, no one is saying it should not be done, just give us the facts and post in the appropriate gallery.
GeoffP 9 130 Portugal
28 Jul 2005 2:46PM
Well at least it will only be 25 or so posts a day then as I reckon 80% plus of the snaps posted on EPZ are domesticated, captive, caged, captured, drugged, dead, super-glued, frozen etc. etc.
cambirder 10 7.2k England
28 Jul 2005 2:57PM

Quote:Well at least it will only be 25 or so posts a day then as I reckon 80% plus of the snaps posted on EPZ are domesticated, captive, caged, captured, drugged, dead, super-glued, frozen etc. etc.

No, today there were aprox double the number of posts in Wildlife than Pets/Captive Animals, and only a tiny portion were in the wrong gallery (including a pic of some buttons?).

I could see no dead, druged, frozen or glued animals in either gallery!
covey 10 1.7k Ireland
28 Jul 2005 3:14PM
Then again some of the wildlife photos seem to wander off as is there want and totally disappear Smile

T.