Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Please recommend a laptop!

tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2013 9:32PM
H
Quote:mmm....PC World.....say's it all really, it's the last place of the face of the planet I'd go too for anything PC orientated

The PC I am running came from PCW 5 years ago

Both laptops ( Muffin's and our Dan's) came from there

No issues whatsoever

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mshulver1 3 20 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2013 11:39PM
i would say get one with at least an intel i5 processor and as much RAM and hard drive as possible for what you want to spend. Amazon have this Acer at the moment. i've got the hp g6 with 8gb ram, i5 and 750gb was 399 in the january sale last year, very happy with its performance. its all the same stuff inside similar laptops just the casing is different and the name on it in my opinion
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
24 Nov 2013 7:53AM

Quote:The PC I am running came from PCW 5 years ago

They're fine Ade if you know exactly what you want, but ask any of the assistants anything slightly technical or difficult and they really are clueless, even if you drag out one of the so say boffins from their service desks, they ain't much better. Pay peanuts and you get monkeys and that pretty well sums up PCWorld in a nutshell, scuse the pun Tongue

I ain't knocking their products, but their staff knowledge of the products they actually sell really is very suspect and points to a complete lack of training unless of course you want to buy a worthless warranty on anything, in which case more often than not they will fill you up with a complete load of bull****!!!! Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.