Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please take a look at my site

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
KeithCullis
25 Jul 2012 - 12:43 AM

http://www.keithcullisphotography.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Jul 2012 - 12:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KONIN
KONIN e2 Member 3250 forum postsKONIN vcard England
25 Jul 2012 - 7:48 AM

dont do cookies

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 8:25 AM

Quote: Dont do cookies

Why not?

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 8:33 AM

why not indeed, they are d e l i c i o u s.....Tongue

KevSB
KevSB  101390 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 8:35 AM

The cookies issue also puts me off going any further as it will most peaple, With a mentality that we have to be careful what we click on alot of persons will not trust this is a cookie and not go further

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8495 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
25 Jul 2012 - 8:44 AM

Quote: Dont do cookies

I bet you do!......how do you think ePz knows who you are when you log on, and who your connections are etc.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 8:48 AM

even the BBC ...

19-untitled-1.jpg

KeithCullis
25 Jul 2012 - 9:57 AM

I did have the cookie warning installed on the site, I will have to check on this later (at work at the moment)
Thanks for bring this to my attention

KeithCullis
25 Jul 2012 - 10:05 AM

Update....
I have just checked on my site with firefox and IE and the cookie warning IS showing.
I sugges those of you not seeing it clean Your browsers & try again

Sabreur
Sabreur  8767 forum posts England
25 Jul 2012 - 12:42 PM

I thnk people are being put off by the warning, even though it is legally required (depending on what you are using cookies for) and they are everywhere these days.

Perhaps you need a way of not using them, then you won't scare people away.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 12:49 PM

Quote: I thnk people are being put off by the warning, even though it is legally required (depending on what you are using cookies for) and they are everywhere these days.

Perhaps you need a way of not using them, then you won't scare people away.

Agreed. It needs to be a bit more subtle.

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 12:53 PM

These days I will not authorise cookies from a site that I will use very rarely and I suspect I am part of a growing group of people in this regard.
As far as I can tell, cookies are used mainly to aid log-on each time you visit, or used by large companies (such as Amazon) to track habits and hone the search engine; or they are used to track general web browsing and all sorts of groups can use that info. If you have a small site whihc people visit occasionally I would question why you need them at all aprart from 'everyone does it'.

Yet I know I am living in ignroance of a lot of cookies from different sites but, hey...

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 1:43 PM

A cookie is not a virus. I always clear my browser cache, completely, before closing the browser............... that should clear out all cookies at that point.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 1:52 PM

yup clearing cookies is pretty damn easy.

I still don't get waht the fuss is about. So a company tracks where you go, all that happens is you end up with some advertising that is related to your interests. What's the prolem?

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jul 2012 - 2:08 PM

Quote: What's the prolem?

paranoia.Tongue

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.