Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Please try the beta ePHOTOzine Portfolio

Martin54 e2
8 510 United Kingdom
11 May 2011 1:01PM

Quote:Are we going to get "Sponsored Links" coming up in the comments as I am getting at the moment

You need to log into the beta site, even if you are logged into the normal site, that should get rid of the sponsored links.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
11 May 2011 1:41PM
Played - logged a fair few improvemnet requests...but I'm like that Smile
lobsterboy e2
11 May 2011 1:44PM
Like the way Groups are now more visible.
Gaucho e2
13 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
11 May 2011 2:03PM
Ditto re the Groups.
rhousham e2
7 432 United Kingdom
11 May 2011 2:17PM
Cheers guys, just to confirm yes the plan for the moment is no ads for e2!
Also just an extra addition for e2 - currently it's set as white layout but you can change it to black in your mysettings
Give it a go!
Thanks again for all the feedback and even just having a little play and giving some feedback is great we really appreciate it.
Ta
Richard
Chant57 e2
8 391 3 United Kingdom
11 May 2011 2:53PM
Im getting the same error as others when I click on the "about" tab.
Other than that it all seems fine, recent uploads aren't there but obviously I now understand why.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
11 May 2011 3:10PM
Hi Guys!
That is so much better than the old one and the black version is brilliant, well I think it is anyway.
You'll get a fair amount of resistance to that though from some of the members who are erm, shall we say, set in their ways but you're going to encounter that anyway. Remember the whinging over the forums and galleries when they were changed?
I'd like the thumbnails to be large. I'd set them that way by default but see what I said above.
As someone has already said, it's good to see the groups getting more prominence. Let's hope that can spill over onto the gallery pages (?)
Any chance that I can convert the header into a link to my website?
Any chance that all of the pages can have an option to change the colour to black? Even just the gallery pages would be an improvement (although personally, I'd prefer the whole thing in black.)
It's really good to see that the ads. have been removed.
I know you can't remove them from everywhere on the site (and I know I'm drifting off topic) but could they not be moved to the bottom of the other pages out of the way of those of us that don't want them?
How soon can we expect this to go "live". "The sooner the better", I say.

Jester.
lobsterboy e2
11 May 2011 3:12PM
Can someone comment on one of my pics on the beta site please - this one will do .

i want to see what the buzz thingy looks like.

thanks.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
11 May 2011 3:16PM
I've done it Chris.
lobsterboy e2
11 May 2011 3:34PM
thanks - looks like its a wizzy recent activity thing.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
11 May 2011 3:38PM
I'm looking at the About page. Will we be able to hide our histories etc. like we can on the existing site? I and others might not want everyone to see what we've been up to. Wink
Probably a settings thing we can change.
lobsterboy e2
11 May 2011 3:45PM

Quote:Will we be able to hide our histories etc. like we can on the existing site?

Same setting is there, so i guess so.
chavender e2
4 226 1 France
11 May 2011 7:22PM
Looks OK to me.
Like the "Groups"
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
11 May 2011 8:19PM
We hope members will spend a bit more time checking this out than they did the gallery so when we change the main site to the new system you're already aware of how it's going to be and have made any suggestions for changes and any bugs are ironed out.

The beta is not the real site. it's a snapshot from a few days ago used as a way to trial new features. None of the data will appear on www.ephotozine.com so don't do stuff that you expect to switch over. It's to try the features from the portfolio area and make sure you're happy with how they work.

It also means that recent comments made on www.ephotozine.com will appear to be missing...don't worry, they are still where they should be on ephotozine.com

We have brought portfolios up to date into the V5 template so everything looks consistent, but we've made some big changes for our e2 members.

Facility to switch to black background with light grey text - we feel this is very stylish. It defaults to existing white but can be set to black in portfolio options.

No Adverts - yes, as requested, we've removed adverts from the e2 portfolios

Slideshow mode - you can now set the pictures inside an album to play as a slideshow

Favourites collections - you can organise you favourite pictures from other members in a series of collections (like albums) You may want trees, or red, or wharfedale or numbers. etc. Save any pics in any collection you create.

New feature called Buzz which displays latest activity on your portfolio

And, as mentioned above, Groups are now included on your page.

We've also made the mysettings page much clearer with tabbed groups fro each section and a few new options to turn on or off various award photos from being displayed.

Please try the beta by following the link top right of your portfolio page. Have a go with all the options to make sure they work well for you

One thing e2 members need to change is the portfolio header image. The new wider site is 978 pixels whereas the older one is 770 pixels and will be centred on the new site. You can change this in the beta to see how it looks but you will need to reuploaded when the ephotozine.com site is changed over.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
11 May 2011 8:30PM
Thanks Chris,
Got yor message. It seems my "buzz thingy" is working too.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.