Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please try the beta ePHOTOzine Portfolio

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

NeilS
NeilS e2 Member 7828 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
11 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Like it but when you go into your groups it logs you out of your sign in

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

I'd just like to repeat what David said in the first post

Quote: We would like to invite everyone to try out the new V5 portfolios at our beta website. To get to the beta, go to your portfolio on ePHOTOzine and click the yellow link on the right side of your portfolio. This will take you to your portfolio on the beta site.

Have a look around, and submit a report on the beta site if you think you have found a bug, have suggestions or feedback.

and myself last night

Quote: The beta is not the real site. it's a snapshot from a few days ago used as a way to trial new features. None of the data will appear on www.ephotozine.com so don't do stuff that you expect to switch over. It's to try the features from the portfolio area and make sure you're happy with how they work.

It also means that recent comments made on www.ephotozine.com will appear to be missing...don't worry, they are still where they should be on ephotozine.com

We have brought portfolios up to date into the V5 template so everything looks consistent, but we've made some big changes for our e2 members.

Facility to switch to black background with light grey text - we feel this is very stylish. It defaults to existing white but can be set to black in portfolio options.

No Adverts - yes, as requested, we've removed adverts from the e2 portfolios

Slideshow mode - you can now set the pictures inside an album to play as a slideshow

Favourites collections - you can organise you favourite pictures from other members in a series of collections (like albums) You may want trees, or red, or wharfedale or numbers. etc. Save any pics in any collection you create.

New feature called Buzz which displays latest activity on your portfolio

And, as mentioned above, Groups are now included on your page.

We've also made the mysettings page much clearer with tabbed groups fro each section and a few new options to turn on or off various award photos from being displayed.

Please try the beta by following the link top right of your portfolio page. Have a go with all the options to make sure they work well for you

One thing e2 members need to change is the portfolio header image. The new wider site is 978 pixels whereas the older one is 770 pixels and will be centred on the new site. You can change this in the beta to see how it looks but you will need to reuploaded when the ephotozine.com site is changed over.

We plan to make the new portfolios live on ephotozine.com next Monday. If you have any issues we'd like to know now.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

I'm assuming apart from the issues above then it's all fine? And we will have no outrage with "if it aint broke..." comments when Monday's install comes? Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54239 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Looked at it, tried it, seems OK to me.
Nice one. Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Looks OK I'm sure we'll get used to it - just as we do everything else (eventually! Smile) Not sure it was worth all the time and effort though.

It is certainly a good idea to trail things in beta rather than the fait accompli (+ outrage) approach of the past. So a big thumbs-up on that. thumbs-up-light.jpg

karl
karl Site Moderator 10572 forum posts United Kingdom
12 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

Plenty has been Beta'd in the past, just that most of you didn't take part Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

Quote: I'm assuming apart from the issues above then it's all fine?

Not quite perhaps Wink
I found a couple of glitches last night, not mentioned them here, but submitted reports on the Beta Site.

Pleased to report that your Team have already fixed them this morning Smile

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91895 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 1:39 PM

Reported a couple of glitches yesterday that have been responded to.
Must say I really like the black bg option for PF images - looks very neat.

Jestertheclown
12 May 2011 - 4:10 PM

Quote: And we will have no outrage with "if it aint broke..."

Of course you will Pete.
I'll bet only a fraction of the membership will have bothered to look at this and of those that have, a lot will complain that the old version, however tired it had become, was better.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 4:15 PM

Probably about half the active membership limit themselves to the gallery and rarely (if ever) come onto the forum anyway.

They will be the ones - if any - who are outraged!

rhousham
rhousham  7432 forum posts United Kingdom
12 May 2011 - 4:27 PM

Thanks again to all that have had a look and cheers for the reports all good things, great to get the feedback and bugs out of the way while we can.
Cheers again and keep going!
Richard

Pete
12 May 2011 - 5:08 PM

Quote: Probably about half the active membership limit themselves to the gallery

good point

JJGEE
JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 5:15 PM

Quote:
good point

Perhaps a new, novel way of getting across some important site announcements to the members Wink

Carabosse
12 May 2011 - 5:22 PM

Excellent! Smile

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2011 - 5:38 PM

I have only just got used to the new site we are already coping with Sad guess I have to go along with any changes) I will keep an open mind for the moment and have another look as time permitsWink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.