Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Please try the beta ePHOTOzine Portfolio

BillyGoatGruff e2
7 191 199 England
12 May 2011 5:44PM
Looks pretty good to me, guys!

Seems a tad slow, but I'm sure that's only teething problems...

The black background (after I figured out where to set it!) looks very cool. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BillyGoatGruff e2
7 191 199 England
12 May 2011 5:51PM
Anyone know what the new banner height is going to be?

978 x ???
edrhodes e2
9 540 12 United Kingdom
12 May 2011 6:17PM
Looks fantastic, for me the black background makes things look so much more professional.
I also like the new images format/ layout, time indicator next to the comment icon is also plus.
On the whole it's a much better package.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
12 May 2011 6:26PM
I like the black b/g too. And the new buttons. Looks very pro.
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
13 May 2011 8:46AM
Black Background for e2 members' PF's

Had several looks at this and still think that there is a too much black, with the actual page and the browser page across the whole screen.
The combination of the blacks, the colours of the avatars, badges and grey font I am finding all a bit garish and harsh on the eye.

I have not found any examples but also wonder how this is going to look where members have different coloured borders around their images, one image say green against black, next image black against black then blue against black ?

Strange, but the white page against the grey background on the live site does not bother me at all, perhaps because there is a definite contrast between white / grey and better colour combination of text etc.
Also, alternate comments are against epz blue / white and the general colour scheme of the fonts makes it, for me, much easier on the eye and easier to read.

I do like the idea of the "grid" having a black background and it really shows the images at their best, so I am not totally against the concept Wink

Jeff
rhousham e2
7 432 United Kingdom
13 May 2011 11:19AM

Quote:Anyone know what the new banner height is going to be?

978 x ??

Its 150

Quote:Looks fantastic, for me the black background makes things look so much more professional.
I also like the new images format/ layout, time indicator next to the comment icon is also plus.
On the whole it's a much better package.

Cheers for the great feedback.

Quote:Black Background for e2 members' PF's

Had several looks at this and still think that there is a too much black, with the actual page and the browser page across the whole screen.
The combination of the blacks, the colours of the avatars, badges and grey font I am finding all a bit garish and harsh on the eye.

I have not found any examples but also wonder how this is going to look where members have different coloured borders around their images, one image say green against black, next image black against black then blue against black ?

Strange, but the white page against the grey background on the live site does not bother me at all, perhaps because there is a definite contrast between white / grey and better colour combination of text etc.
Also, alternate comments are against epz blue / white and the general colour scheme of the fonts makes it, for me, much easier on the eye and easier to read.

I do like the idea of the "grid" having a black background and it really shows the images at their best, so I am not totally against the concept Wink

Jeff

Thanks again for the feedback we have played around a little and lightened the text so it's a little easier.
I guess if your images have a green border or similar and don't lend them to a black background then you don't have to choose it - it's all your choice.

--------------------
Thanks again for all the feedback on the forums and through the report on beta, I have been getting back to them so if you have submitted a report you can view the feedback and respond here
http://beta.ephotozine.com/reports

Cheers again to all the support.
Richard
BillyGoatGruff e2
7 191 199 England
13 May 2011 11:21AM
978 x 150 !!
Marvellous; it was my first guess and have acted upon it already!
Thanks Richard Smile
simont e2
10 2.2k 4 England
13 May 2011 11:38AM
The favourite photographers and photos were an e2 feature, yet under the New Portfolio they are visible.

Are they going to a non e2 member option now?

Can Non e2 Members add and delete (see report logged as delete image didn't work)?

Can they be hidden from other members?
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
13 May 2011 11:57AM
Just noticed the same thing with Awards.

On here the feature to give Awards is e2 only but on the Beta it now appears for everyone as it has allowed me to design an award symbol.
Whether it now allows me to actually give the award I am not sure ans do not really want to use another epz member for testing it out on Wink
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
13 May 2011 12:22PM
First impressions are very favourable.

Just one quick question - will there be more options with the colour backdrop (like in the background when uploading a new image) otherwise the portfolios will all look very similar. But not a problem, the black B/G looks very good
rhousham e2
7 432 United Kingdom
13 May 2011 12:31PM

Quote:The favourite photographers and photos were an e2 feature, yet under the New Portfolio they are visible.

Are they going to a non e2 member option now?

Can Non e2 Members add and delete (see report logged as delete image didn't work)?

Can they be hidden from other members?

No sorry they shouldn't be open to all people they are still e2, - I did notice one place where you could access them which I've blocked.
If there is still a problem let me know.
Richard
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
13 May 2011 1:10PM
looks good guys

not read any of the thread so appologies if I'm repeating people!

you've got the "time since comment" shown now, cool, would you be able to order your portfolio by "last comment date" - that'd be useful as some comments on older shots do get missed
RogBrown e2
8 3.0k 10 England
13 May 2011 1:13PM

Quote:would you be able to order your portfolio by "last comment date" - that'd be useful as some comments on older shots do get missed

Yeah good idea Ade. I'll second this.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
13 May 2011 2:04PM
I'll third that. Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
13 May 2011 2:13PM
cool - the data's there, so fingers crossed it'l not be a big job to add on !

famous last words there Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.