Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please try the beta ePHOTOzine Portfolio

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 9:49 AM

Quote: Can we hide the contents of the Buzz thingy? It seems a totally irrelevant item to me.

Just don't click on the tab ?

@Jester - seems to be like an integrated version of recent activity AFAICS

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 14 May 2011 - 9:50 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 May 2011 - 9:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 9:55 AM

Just a quick question - the image below - which is my new beta page - does the banner match the black background or is it, as on my laptop monitor, true black as opposed to the epz black which is very dark grey?

It might be me as my laptop monitor can be a bit iffy Smile

1-folio.jpg

Last Modified By cattyal at 14 May 2011 - 9:56 AM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Quote: Just don't click on the tab ?

Oh, so is it just the user that can see the info? If so, why would I want to know what I've done? I already know.
Can't other people see your Buzz stuff?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96340 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Buzz

I think it acts similar to Groups in respect of that it shows any comment on your PF images, not just your own.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64537 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Well I can click on My Stats to see those.

JJGEE
14 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Quote: Can't other people see your Buzz stuff?

I believe so.
Just gone to my Buzz tab without logging in and can see the the items on the list.

Quote: Well I can click on My Stats to see those.

Maybe, I am not an e2 member so do not have stats.
But do the stats advise you of who has left a comment on your PF images & when ?

Last Modified By JJGEE at 14 May 2011 - 10:11 AM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95932 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

What I really meant, was the fact that I have just spent five days, constantly bombarding AOL with phone calls,before anyone would finally admit that the fault wasn't of my doing.

A dodgy connection in the CAB was the cause. I had been telling them, that there was a fault on the line, but for the first four days, it had to be something at our end, that was the problem.
The same goes here I'm afraid (up to a point)
You change something on the site and because folks have difficulties in viewing it, it is down to them.
I thought the whole idea of beta was to find the faults, not to pass them over to the end user.

SlowSong
14 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Quote: But do the stats advise you of who has left a comment on your PF images & when

There are various options you can choose from. You can view your images in order of highest number of votes, latest votes, etc. Just click on the pic and you can see who's voted/commented.

JJGEE
14 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

Quote: Just click on the pic and you can see who's voted/commented.

Agree.
But I do think that the concept of Buzz is a good one.

Instead of looking through one's own PF spotting new comments, then opening up the image Buzz lists them with a link to the image.

Making it much quicker / easier to check things out, especially as most people only have a limited amount of time each day or week to spend here on epz Wink

Say, for example Chris, if I went and left a comment, without a vote, on your very first upload to epz would you be regularly checking 18 pages or more of uploads for anything new ?

The only tweak to Buzz I would like to see is an option to be able to delete items on the list.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 14 May 2011 - 11:04 AM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95932 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 11:14 AM

Your banner is a true black Ali

The EPZ one is more like Cilla BlackWink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Thanks Ade - I suspected as much and ok, my colour picker agreed with me. I'll bear that in mind and do my next banner with a 15,15,15 background instead of 0,0,0 Smile

tomcat
14 May 2011 - 2:50 PM

Ah!

I see what all the fuss is about nowGrin

It decided to loadSmile

tomcat
14 May 2011 - 3:05 PM

Now I have actually had a look, it does look quite the bizWink

One minor niggle for me, is the black background, with the only other choice being white.
When ACD introduced Pro 3, they removed the option of changing the colour (black) and I was one of those who campaigned for it to be reintroduced.
It was and I use a very soft pastel grey.
Very easy on the eyeGrin

Just a thought

Adriandoc1-1.jpg

Last Modified By tomcat at 14 May 2011 - 3:12 PM
SlowSong
14 May 2011 - 4:13 PM

Quote: Say, for example Chris, if I went and left a comment, without a vote, on your very first upload to epz would you be regularly checking 18 pages or more of uploads for anything new ?

I get your point. We'll just have to suck-it-and-see I suppose. Smile

cattyal
14 May 2011 - 4:21 PM

Then again - I occasionally get comments on very old images and I get a notification email. They don't need to clog up your inbox if you delete them every now and then Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.