Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please View Large?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

bangalicious
19 May 2008 - 2:23 PM

Just wonder why so many people put this on their product description?

Does the image poster recieve extra brownie points for this?
If im honset...if someone has said something along the lines of "Best Viewed Large", I ignore said image and move along. Just wondering what other people thought of this?

Anil.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 May 2008 - 2:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Cephus
Cephus  92123 forum posts England
19 May 2008 - 2:35 PM

Mine are all "best viewed small" :o)

wamp
wamp  8276 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:38 PM

Probably as the large version looks well, larger and probably better

I personally don't understand why people put things like 'The reduction in size does not do this justice' and 'Sorry about the quality, it is the best that i am allowed' Wink As this makes me think it wasn't great in the first place Smile

Michelle_S
19 May 2008 - 2:39 PM

Mine are 'best viewed with eyes squinted' they look reaaally good that way Tongue

I view large if i feel like,not because anyone says its best viewed that way.

User_Removed
19 May 2008 - 2:39 PM

Doesn't cause me a problem.

Most pics are better if viewed large, especially with the increase in MPS over the years.

If they have been uploaded, with sharpening set for the large image, it could make a difference, I suppose.

Col

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 May 2008 - 2:40 PM
climbing_orchid
climbing_orchid e2 Member 9321 forum postsclimbing_orchid vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:41 PM

I think if someone writes please view large the detail is often more intricate than appears in the smaller image and wants people to see their shot in the best possible way. I would see it a s a positive as they are not making excuses such as

Quote: 'The reduction in size does not do this justice' and 'Sorry about the quality, it is the best that i am allowed' As this makes me think it wasn't great in the first place

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:42 PM

Funny, but some are definitely best viewed small. How many times have you spotted a thumbnail that really looks the business, clicked to open it up, and then wished you'd not bothered?

Lol ..... probably the last time you viewed one of mine I hear you say Smile

Last Modified By DaveU at 19 May 2008 - 2:43 PM
User_Removed
19 May 2008 - 2:43 PM

Quote: Just wonder why so many people put this on their product description?

There's been a lot of previous discussion as to how people view the images here and a surprising amount of people don't even bother/notice that there is a larger image to be had. Additionally, the difference in quality between the two is huge so it is to the viewers advantage - IF really bothered (Wink) - take the time to view the larger version. In my case (I use the phrase), I make the word 'LARGE' a dynamic link to the larger version.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 May 2008 - 2:43 PM
takui neko
takui neko  10849 forum posts Spain11 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:44 PM

I think is important; the option to view something at bigger size can show better details, etc.
Of course if an image is not good at 600px, probably wont be good at 1000px either.
In fact, many images here and elsewhere that look good on screen would not look so good in printing, just ask any photo book editor. Smile

Briwooly
Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:47 PM

I thing most pics are better viewed large especially Bluebells and the like LoL Wink
From a personnel point of view I tend to view before I read any description or instructions

Brian.........................

bangalicious
19 May 2008 - 2:50 PM

Quote: I thing most pics are better viewed large especially Bluebells and the like LoL
From a personnel point of view I tend to view before I read any description or instructions

Lol...bluebells!

I agree that some peoples pics look great large, to see the finer details, but what are peoples opinions on instruction statements such as "View Large".

Last Modified By bangalicious at 19 May 2008 - 2:50 PM
sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:51 PM

As has been said some images on really work when viewed large, for example my demolition shot that looks like a contact sheet can only be appreciated as a larger version.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2008 - 2:51 PM

Quote: but what are peoples opinions on instruction statements such as "View Large"

May be a lack of confidence that the photo can hack it at the smaller size? Wink

User_Removed
19 May 2008 - 2:53 PM

Quote: May be a lack of confidence that the photo can hack it at the smaller size?

Making it bigger won't improve it Wink

Col

bangalicious
19 May 2008 - 2:54 PM

I thought bigger was better Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.