Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Please watch this......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ChrisStyles
    22 Nov 2013 - 4:53 PM

Picked it up off face book...very moving and also very shocking SadThis

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Nov 2013 - 4:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2013 - 5:28 PM

It's even getting into the human food chain now Chris, take a look at this news story from the BBC "What are the long term effects of plastics in our oceans"

alansnap
    alansnap e2 Member 10528 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2013 - 5:28 PM

Indeed very moving. The fate of the albatross is well documented, but every individual who adds to the carnage thinks that it's only one piece of plastic, that can't do any harm. Off course it can and it does.
    Alan

ChrisStyles
    22 Nov 2013 - 5:46 PM

We are killing the only place we have to live Sad

MikeA
    MikeA  91151 forum posts England
    22 Nov 2013 - 6:17 PM

Quote: We are killing the only place we have to live Sad

Nature will recover.......... even if it is without us Sad

ChrisStyles
    22 Nov 2013 - 6:22 PM

More than likely better off without us.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2013 - 7:19 PM

Quote: More than likely better off without us.

Amen.

puertouk
    puertouk  21054 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Nov 2013 - 7:26 PM

Slowly but surely, we are destroying our planet. The people who run the various countries of this fragile planet of ours, know the damage that is being done, yet they turn and look the other way. Why? Greed. They say money is the root to all evil. Just look around and see for yourselves.

MichaelMelb_AU
    22 Nov 2013 - 9:19 PM

I find it hard to be overly impressed. I grew in a heavy industrial area and river that was flowing through my town could provide half of Japan with oil that flown on it's surface. Believe it or not - there was fish in that industrial waste stream! Nature is strong, but greatly abused - I saw rivers tiled with dead fish ( that's much harder to stomach than a few dead birds in a couple of million of them). Those rivers recovered amazingly well as soon as they were left alone. Man is actually the most vulnerable link of the chain - and is no wonder why. It is most complex known one. Yes, we consume too unwisely. But how that would change? At the moment we seem to have only one universal answer to that - tax the goods, Co2, methane, oil, whatever. This will push the prices up and make goods unaffordable thus hurting ...humans. Then print more money to save the humans. Circle closed. All happy.

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 22 Nov 2013 - 9:21 PM
    collywobles
    23 Nov 2013 - 11:55 AM

Very sad but now I will go get in my car, turn up the heating now that winter is coming, buy multitude of things made from plastic, getting my point yet......? !!!!!!!!!

We are at a point in our evolution where there is little we can do now WITHOUT affecting our lifestyles and of course we are not prepared to do that are we...!

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Nov 2013 - 3:08 PM

I watched in dismay at someone in a supermarket trying to get a bunch of bananas into a plastic bag.
    The amount of plastic packaging dumped by passengers on those those huge cruise ships doesn't bear thinking about.

In contrast to plastic there is this

maggiem
    maggiem e2 Member 9333 forum postsmaggiem vcard United Kingdom
    23 Nov 2013 - 4:12 PM

Quote: Picked it up off face book...very moving and also very shocking Sad This

If anyone can watch this to the end, they are much stronger than me. I was devastated and had to turn it off SadSad

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.