Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Police..camera no actions

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

andmolliethedog

Just a quickie..freind of mine on his motorbike a few days ago...got a suprise the car in front decided to have a bit of fun and deliberately reversed into him ....he thought very quickly after getting up from the flattened bike and called 999..as the car was still in front of him...one of the youths [albeit a small one of the four]gets out and runs at him with a crowbar...he walks towards the nice lad [motorcycle armour has a few uses]and Mr COURAGE RUNS BACK INTO THE CAR!

The police can't be bothered to attend [now if he had done an illegal u turn]..or even worse not paid his road tax...I'm sure they would be only to pleased.....but no...so down he goes to the police station are they interested are they hell..give him a crime number and thats it....
And they say the police are marvellous.....yep at collecting fines I'm sure they are. Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Aug 2010 - 7:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2010 - 7:20 PM

I would love to know what part of the country this happened? I'm thinking for our force, 1) Injury or Non Stop RTC, 2) Disorder / Offensive weapon - I'd be very surprised if a crime number is all that is happening. Index of car is a great place to start with door knocks (preferably at 5am)

ge22y
ge22y  6115 forum posts Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2010 - 8:50 PM

Totally agree with Sidaorb, I work in the ops room for a police force taking 999 calls and dispatching officers to calls, a call of this nature would not have been ignored. The only collisions we don't attend is where there are no injuries and no obstructions to the carriageway and both parties are willing to exchange details. If I was your friend I'd be going go his local station and speaking to the duty sargeant or inspector to make a complaint!

ge22y
31 Aug 2010 - 8:53 PM

Ps police don't collect fines, that's the courts Wink

admiles
admiles  8241 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2010 - 10:37 AM

Simple explanation. Your friend is a biker and therefore treated with total distain by his local police force.

I mean, everyone knows bikers are the scum of the earth don't they? Wink

Last Modified By admiles at 1 Sep 2010 - 10:38 AM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2010 - 10:44 AM

Should this thread be placed in this group?

andmolliethedog

Quote: Totally agree with Sidaorb, I work in the ops room for a police force taking 999 calls and dispatching officers to calls, a call of this nature would not have been ignored. The only collisions we don't attend is where there are no injuries and no obstructions to the carriageway and both parties are willing to exchange details. If I was your friend I'd be going go his local station and speaking to the duty sargeant or inspector to make a complaint!

He went to the local policestation...crime number ...claim on insurance..evening all ! confirms no response from 999 call....

andmolliethedog

Quote: Should this thread be placed in this group?

Healthy debate or where else do you suggest?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2010 - 10:58 AM

click on the link Wink

thewilliam
1 Sep 2010 - 10:59 AM

I had a somewhat similar problem with the Avon & Somerset force when my car was broken into and nearly 6k of backup kit was stolen. This was in the days when I did weddings.

The car was covered by the CCTV in the hotel car park, but the duty manager knew enough about the Data Protection Act and company SOPs to understand that she would face immediate dismissal if she let me see the CCTV footage. She was apologetic and explained that only the police could do this. They weren't interested and nobody could persuade the police to take an interest. The loss adjuster tried and failed.

Avon & Somerset has the lowest clearup rate of any force in the country. I wonder why!

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2010 - 11:22 AM

Quote:
He went to the local policestation...crime number ...claim on insurance..evening all ! confirms no response from 999 call....

If so then he needs to ring today and speak to the force PSD (professional standards dept), arm himself with the time he made the initial 999 call and the phone number that call was made from, this will trace the initial call then they can track exactly what happened. What force was this?

andmolliethedog

Quote: He went to the local policestation...crime number ...claim on insurance..evening all ! confirms no response from 999 call....

If so then he needs to ring today and speak to the force PSD (professional standards dept), arm himself with the time he made the initial 999 call and the phone number that call was made from, this will trace the initial call then they can track exactly what happened. What force was this?

I will pass on this information to him...very helpfull thanks...

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
zebraboy
zebraboy  9197 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2010 - 12:06 PM

Quote: Should this thread be placed in this group?

Why?

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2010 - 12:08 PM

It was a tongue in cheek comment from Ade. Smile

ge22y
1 Sep 2010 - 2:14 PM

Let us know the outcome of your friends complaint, I hope he does make one, if what you have told us is what happened and the 999 operator was aware that your friend was being threatened by the passenger then they really need to be dealt with, somebody might not be so lucky in the future.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.