Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Pop ups!

15 Dec 2012 8:12AM
Pop ups, are they catching? Does anybody else find the "Samsung" jigsaw competition annoying? I personally don't like having to cancel the damn thing because I often access this site from a mobile device and find having to accurately hit the cancel button awkward so it then logs into the cometition site and takes me away fdrom this site. I have already paid my e2 memebership (for quite a few years now) so really onject to being used another revenue maker for Ephotozine, Samsung and Orange (my mobile provider). If I want to take part I will choose to but it really pisses me off that I don't have the choice!
STOP THE BLOODY POP UPS!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PinkK 5 80 1 United Kingdom
15 Dec 2012 8:22AM
I couldn't agree more, it has been driving me crazy. I can't stop pop ups when accessing the internet on my phone. When I want to log into epz the samsung pop up comes up and for whatever reason my screen goes black and I can't proceed any further on epz,this has only been happening since the samsung pop up started coming up, so out of frustration I just have log out of the internet and wait til I get home to go on my laptop to view epz. I would like to be able to access epz on my phone if I want to, I don't want an advertising pop up to prevent me from doing so. As you say it should be a choice...it's on the right of my screen right now as an option to click on, if I want to play I would click on it...a pop up as well isn't necessary.
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
15 Dec 2012 10:19AM
Apologies guys. There may be a bug in the delivery of this pop up. I'll check and get our IT to take a look.
I'm not on a mobile device and it pisses me off. I've seen it once. I don't want to play. I don't want to see it again.
CaptivePhotons e2
11 1.6k 2 England
15 Dec 2012 5:27PM
It might be a good idea to look at the post above yours. There you will find an apology for the intrusive pop-up and a statement that it is being looked in to.

PS You have a great PF Smile
15 Dec 2012 6:04PM
Also I have too many thumbs and can't spell properly when I type too fast! Wink (Sorry for the errors but at least you got the gist)
But seriously, like Barrie says, do we really need the pop up at all? Personally I would say no!
PinkK 5 80 1 United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 5:58PM
I was hoping IT would've sorted the pop-up today, but alas it's still popping up and driving my crazy
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
17 Dec 2012 7:22PM
Someone PM me when it's sorted......
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2012 9:27PM

Quote:Someone PM me when it's sorted......

It is still popping up, or was earlier this eveningSad
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
18 Dec 2012 10:25PM
Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop GrinGrinGrinGrin
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2012 10:27PM
Does anyone find the menus frustrating to use on mobile devices? A crazy degree of accuracy is required to press them on some tablets.
Fishnet e2
10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2012 10:33PM
Chris, it's one of my ultimate pet hates, I can never, ever manage to log in to EPZ on my mobile simply because the menu is a drop down pop up thingy, it's infuriating.
Jellyfire e2
2 41 4 United Kingdom
18 Dec 2012 10:48PM
It is a very difficult site to navigate through on a mobile. Its quite a major task to reconfigure a website for other formats, but it really must limit the potential
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2012 8:52AM

Quote:It is a very difficult site to navigate through on a mobile

Have you tried the mobile version ? I find that pretty good on my iPhone, unfortunately the email alerts don't include a link for it though.

Pete maybe that would be something worth adding.

Ian
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2012 9:31AM
[quote

Have you tried the mobile version?
http://m.ephotozine.com/

Using this on a windows 8 phone is a little clunky as the login details are not stored, ok logging in each time is not too big a deal. But i'd also like to have two links on all emails sent to me so when browsing on a phone i could click the 2nd link to click through on the mobile site.

The mobile site is much faster so is nice Smile

On the win 8 phone i can't get past this annoying popup on the normal www.ephotozine.com site.

Cheers
Stuart

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.