Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Pop ups!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jon gopsill
jon gopsill e2 Member 9jon gopsill vcard England
15 Dec 2012 - 8:12 AM

Pop ups, are they catching? Does anybody else find the "Samsung" jigsaw competition annoying? I personally don't like having to cancel the damn thing because I often access this site from a mobile device and find having to accurately hit the cancel button awkward so it then logs into the cometition site and takes me away fdrom this site. I have already paid my e2 memebership (for quite a few years now) so really onject to being used another revenue maker for Ephotozine, Samsung and Orange (my mobile provider). If I want to take part I will choose to but it really pisses me off that I don't have the choice!
STOP THE BLOODY POP UPS!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Dec 2012 - 8:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PinkK
PinkK  580 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Dec 2012 - 8:22 AM

I couldn't agree more, it has been driving me crazy. I can't stop pop ups when accessing the internet on my phone. When I want to log into epz the samsung pop up comes up and for whatever reason my screen goes black and I can't proceed any further on epz,this has only been happening since the samsung pop up started coming up, so out of frustration I just have log out of the internet and wait til I get home to go on my laptop to view epz. I would like to be able to access epz on my phone if I want to, I don't want an advertising pop up to prevent me from doing so. As you say it should be a choice...it's on the right of my screen right now as an option to click on, if I want to play I would click on it...a pop up as well isn't necessary.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
15 Dec 2012 - 10:19 AM

Apologies guys. There may be a bug in the delivery of this pop up. I'll check and get our IT to take a look.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
BarrieSpence
15 Dec 2012 - 5:19 PM

I'm not on a mobile device and it pisses me off. I've seen it once. I don't want to play. I don't want to see it again.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Dec 2012 - 5:27 PM

It might be a good idea to look at the post above yours. There you will find an apology for the intrusive pop-up and a statement that it is being looked in to.

PS You have a great PF Smile

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 15 Dec 2012 - 5:31 PM
jon gopsill
jon gopsill e2 Member 9jon gopsill vcard England
15 Dec 2012 - 6:04 PM

Also I have too many thumbs and can't spell properly when I type too fast! Wink (Sorry for the errors but at least you got the gist)
But seriously, like Barrie says, do we really need the pop up at all? Personally I would say no!

PinkK
PinkK  580 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 5:58 PM

I was hoping IT would've sorted the pop-up today, but alas it's still popping up and driving my crazy

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315547 forum posts England
17 Dec 2012 - 7:22 PM

Someone PM me when it's sorted......

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85836 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 9:27 PM

Quote: Someone PM me when it's sorted......

It is still popping up, or was earlier this eveningSad

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 10:25 PM

Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop GrinGrinGrinGrin

User_Removed
18 Dec 2012 - 10:27 PM

Does anyone find the menus frustrating to use on mobile devices? A crazy degree of accuracy is required to press them on some tablets.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 10:33 PM

Chris, it's one of my ultimate pet hates, I can never, ever manage to log in to EPZ on my mobile simply because the menu is a drop down pop up thingy, it's infuriating.

Jellyfire
Jellyfire  241 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
18 Dec 2012 - 10:48 PM

It is a very difficult site to navigate through on a mobile. Its quite a major task to reconfigure a website for other formats, but it really must limit the potential

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2012 - 8:52 AM

Quote: It is a very difficult site to navigate through on a mobile

Have you tried the mobile version? I find that pretty good on my iPhone, unfortunately the email alerts don't include a link for it though.

Pete maybe that would be something worth adding.

Ian

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53514 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2012 - 9:31 AM

[quote

Have you tried the mobile version?
[/quote] http://m.ephotozine.com/

Using this on a windows 8 phone is a little clunky as the login details are not stored, ok logging in each time is not too big a deal. But i'd also like to have two links on all emails sent to me so when browsing on a phone i could click the 2nd link to click through on the mobile site.

The mobile site is much faster so is nice Smile

On the win 8 phone i can't get past this annoying popup on the normal www.ephotozine.com site.

Cheers
Stuart

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 19 Dec 2012 - 9:32 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.