Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Portfolio Views

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2012 - 3:23 PM

It only orders them as set by the filter. You can change and save the filter setting if you want them ordered differently Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Oct 2012 - 3:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2012 - 5:08 PM

I know I can see them in the order I choose from the menu but what I meant was, seeing as I opted out of VS, why does Rank reorder my pics at all?
Surely when choosing the Rank option the order should stay the same as I upload if I've opted out.
Not a bother anyway, just wondered.
Smile

petebfrance
26 Oct 2012 - 5:38 PM

I opted out for a while, then relented and opted back in again. On opting in again, all the photos that had already been through the mill before I opted out had retained their 'wins and losses' (this was before 'ranking' and 'percentages' appeared), so perhaps the order is based on what occurred before you opted out, with later photos being treated as 'unrated' which seems to be sorted higher than those with less than a ranking of 100 and below those with rankings of 100 or more....or something like that
Mmm, I wonder if any of that made sense Sad
Pete

Scutter
Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2012 - 5:39 PM

Quote: ....but what I meant was, seeing as I opted out of VS, why does Rank reorder my pics at all?
Surely when choosing the Rank option the order should stay the same as I upload if I've opted out.....

..........because whilst you have opted out of receiving the notifications from VS Mode, the system still selects your pictures for those that haven't opted out to choose between; as far as I can tell ..............so your pictures are still being ranked without you knowing about it! WinkWinkSmile

Hope that explains it! Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54226 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2012 - 6:41 PM

GrinGrinGrin Phew. I think I got all that. But now I think I'll consign it all to the thhhhuuuuurrrppppppppp........ box.
GrinTongue

Trevhas
Trevhas e2 Member 2413 forum postsTrevhas vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2012 - 12:08 PM

I have won a couple of VS awards and have been waiting in for the postman to deliver the certificate or better still a shiny medal, does this mean i am not going to recieve anything at all then ?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2012 - 12:14 PM

Quote: I have won a couple of VS awards and have been waiting in for the postman to deliver the certificate or better still a shiny medal, does this mean i am not going to recieve anything at all then ?

I have a horrid feeling you might be right! Wink

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 13 Nov 2012 - 12:17 PM
AnneB50
AnneB50 e2 Member 284 forum postsAnneB50 vcard Scotland18 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2012 - 3:45 PM

Having finally got round to uploading some photos, I find that I have not put them in the album I set up for the purpose. Is there any way I can do that retrospectively or do I have to delete the photos and start again.

Many thanks Anne

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13320 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Nov 2012 - 3:58 PM

Hi Anne,

The best way of sorting it out is to click the Contact Support link at the bottom left of this page and the techies at EPZ towers will sort out your problem very quickly,

Alan

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.