Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Portfolio Views

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
26 Oct 2012 3:23PM
It only orders them as set by the filter. You can change and save the filter setting if you want them ordered differently Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
26 Oct 2012 5:08PM
I know I can see them in the order I choose from the menu but what I meant was, seeing as I opted out of VS, why does Rank reorder my pics at all?
Surely when choosing the Rank option the order should stay the same as I upload if I've opted out.
Not a bother anyway, just wondered.
Smile
petebfrance 2 1.3k United Kingdom
26 Oct 2012 5:38PM
I opted out for a while, then relented and opted back in again. On opting in again, all the photos that had already been through the mill before I opted out had retained their 'wins and losses' (this was before 'ranking' and 'percentages' appeared), so perhaps the order is based on what occurred before you opted out, with later photos being treated as 'unrated' which seems to be sorted higher than those with less than a ranking of 100 and below those with rankings of 100 or more....or something like that
Mmm, I wonder if any of that made sense Sad
Pete
Scutter e2
7 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
26 Oct 2012 5:39PM

Quote:....but what I meant was, seeing as I opted out of VS, why does Rank reorder my pics at all?
Surely when choosing the Rank option the order should stay the same as I upload if I've opted out.....

..........because whilst you have opted out of receiving the notifications from VS Mode, the system still selects your pictures for those that haven't opted out to choose between; as far as I can tell ..............so your pictures are still being ranked without you knowing about it! WinkWinkSmile

Hope that explains it! Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
26 Oct 2012 6:41PM
GrinGrinGrin Phew. I think I got all that. But now I think I'll consign it all to the thhhhuuuuurrrppppppppp........ box.
GrinTongue
Trevhas e2
2 528 3 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2012 12:08PM
I have won a couple of VS awards and have been waiting in for the postman to deliver the certificate or better still a shiny medal, does this mean i am not going to recieve anything at all then ?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
13 Nov 2012 12:14PM

Quote:I have won a couple of VS awards and have been waiting in for the postman to deliver the certificate or better still a shiny medal, does this mean i am not going to recieve anything at all then ?

I have a horrid feeling you might be right! Wink
AnneB50 e2
2 114 18 Scotland
13 Nov 2012 3:45PM
Having finally got round to uploading some photos, I find that I have not put them in the album I set up for the purpose. Is there any way I can do that retrospectively or do I have to delete the photos and start again.

Many thanks Anne
Alan_Baseley e2
13 333 2 England
13 Nov 2012 3:58PM
Hi Anne,

The best way of sorting it out is to click the Contact Support link at the bottom left of this page and the techies at EPZ towers will sort out your problem very quickly,

Alan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.