Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Portrait Professional

BlindMonkey 10 158
3 Jan 2011 1:06PM
I have just purchased Portrait Professional and installed it on my laptop. Is it possible to install it again on my pc using the same key?

Many Thanks

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
3 Jan 2011 1:08PM
Give it a go - not sure

Does it register with the manufacturer or somethign like that?

if so, disconnect from t'internet and it cant' talk to them Wink
BlindMonkey 10 158
3 Jan 2011 1:23PM
i have to be connected to the internet because its just a download link i recieved by email when i purchased it.

I was just a bit worried that if i try and install it again they might cancel the license key.
BlindMonkey 10 158
3 Jan 2011 1:42PM
Just done a quick search in the FAQ's and it states that the license is for use on a single PC only.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
3 Jan 2011 2:36PM
it will be for one PC only - most liscences err in that direction

I'd just use the key you got emailed before - installing it when disconnected from the web

if it starts asking difficult questions, just quit, no harm done. if not, it may just install Smile
Sparkleson 6 134 England
3 Jan 2011 2:54PM
When you install the software, it registers it with them - if you don't have a web connection, the install will fail and you won't be able to use the software.

If you want it on 2 computers at the same time, you'll need a second key.
8 Jan 2011 9:30PM
I was given the disc for my birthday a couple of days ago and installed it on my desktop and laptop using the same license key with no problem. J. awesome piece of software.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
8 Jan 2011 10:07PM
I've been trying to decide whether to buy it or not whilst it's on offer - do I or don't I? Smile
Eastlands e2
4 683 3 Northern Ireland
8 Jan 2011 10:14PM
Like Cattyal I have been pondering if I should buy it or not, had a go at the trial but is it worth the investment ?
BlindMonkey 10 158
8 Jan 2011 10:24PM
For 27pounds its worth the money, i find it easier to use than photoshop for portrait results..
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Jan 2011 12:33PM
I've had it installed previously and kept making my friends look a little like Kraftwerk's Robots

Didn't want that effect

Just seems really good at doing it !
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
9 Jan 2011 12:45PM

Quote:I've had it installed previously and kept making my friends look a little like Kraftwerk's Robots

With my face I'd be more than happy with that Smile

I could do with finding a patient model or two to sit for me - something to sort out this year....
looboss 8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2011 12:49PM
Pretty sure that the only thing the licence registers is the ip number and provably the computer name, I've given my desktop and lap top the same name and never had any problem installing more on more than one computer. There again it could have been just luck.
11 Jan 2011 8:11PM
here's a photo of emma, she's a welder in the shipyard where i work, the work does not do her skin any favours, used the studio version on her took five minutes, i may have got carried away but what do you think? img-1409.jpg

img-1409-pp-1after.jpg

20 Jan 2011 8:09PM
He he yes you did get a bit carried away there but it shows that it works!

I bought a copy of this software from the guy who designed it at the SWPP convention last weekend.
I haven't installed mine yet but he said you can install it on two PCs.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.