Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Portrait Professional

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

BlindMonkey
3 Jan 2011 - 1:06 PM

I have just purchased Portrait Professional and installed it on my laptop. Is it possible to install it again on my pc using the same key?

Many Thanks

Ian

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 3 Jan 2011 - 6:42 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Jan 2011 - 1:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2011 - 1:08 PM

Give it a go - not sure

Does it register with the manufacturer or somethign like that?

if so, disconnect from t'internet and it cant' talk to them Wink

BlindMonkey
3 Jan 2011 - 1:23 PM

i have to be connected to the internet because its just a download link i recieved by email when i purchased it.

I was just a bit worried that if i try and install it again they might cancel the license key.

BlindMonkey
3 Jan 2011 - 1:42 PM

Just done a quick search in the FAQ's and it states that the license is for use on a single PC only.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014805 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2011 - 2:36 PM

it will be for one PC only - most liscences err in that direction

I'd just use the key you got emailed before - installing it when disconnected from the web

if it starts asking difficult questions, just quit, no harm done. if not, it may just install Smile

Sparkleson
3 Jan 2011 - 2:54 PM

When you install the software, it registers it with them - if you don't have a web connection, the install will fail and you won't be able to use the software.

If you want it on 2 computers at the same time, you'll need a second key.

thermosoflask

I was given the disc for my birthday a couple of days ago and installed it on my desktop and laptop using the same license key with no problem. J. awesome piece of software.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96056 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2011 - 10:07 PM

I've been trying to decide whether to buy it or not whilst it's on offer - do I or don't I? Smile

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3649 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2011 - 10:14 PM

Like Cattyal I have been pondering if I should buy it or not, had a go at the trial but is it worth the investment ?

BlindMonkey
8 Jan 2011 - 10:24 PM

For 27pounds its worth the money, i find it easier to use than photoshop for portrait results..

ade_mcfade
9 Jan 2011 - 12:33 PM

I've had it installed previously and kept making my friends look a little like Kraftwerk's Robots

Didn't want that effect

Just seems really good at doing it !

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96056 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2011 - 12:45 PM

Quote: I've had it installed previously and kept making my friends look a little like Kraftwerk's Robots

With my face I'd be more than happy with that Smile

I could do with finding a patient model or two to sit for me - something to sort out this year....

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jan 2011 - 12:49 PM

Pretty sure that the only thing the licence registers is the ip number and provably the computer name, I've given my desktop and lap top the same name and never had any problem installing more on more than one computer. There again it could have been just luck.

thermosoflask
11 Jan 2011 - 8:11 PM

here's a photo of emma, she's a welder in the shipyard where i work, the work does not do her skin any favours, used the studio version on her took five minutes, i may have got carried away but what do you think? img-1409.jpgimg-1409-pp-1after.jpg

Inchpractice
20 Jan 2011 - 8:09 PM

He he yes you did get a bit carried away there but it shows that it works!

I bought a copy of this software from the guy who designed it at the SWPP convention last weekend.
I haven't installed mine yet but he said you can install it on two PCs.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.