Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Portraits On Memory Card

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    FatHandedChap

I've been asked by a client if it's possible to have all the pictures from a recent portrait session on an SD card so they can see them on a digital frame.

Obviously they would be fairly low res and there's alway the risk of them being copied (they've already spent lots on framed images).

Just wondering about the pros & cons and peoples thoughts.

Tony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Apr 2009 - 9:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Apr 2009 - 10:00 AM

Quote: they've already spent lots on framed images

It is so low res on the digital frame, it doesn't really matter, does it?
    Also, makes it as free, so that they will be chuffed and you might get a return business.

TimJ
    TimJ  10482 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Apr 2009 - 10:30 AM

I agree, if they've already spend a lot on framed images and you're happy with the amount of profit you've made then I would let them have the low res images on SD card for free.

It's also good advertising because people who visit that client's house will see more of your work, or other family members might want prints done of images they see on the digital frame.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Apr 2009 - 1:19 PM

Quote: images they see on the digital frame

Has to be said the " Digital Photo " frames are the latest must have toy, So they are bound to be a talking point amongst people and thier guests, Probably more so than pulling out the family album....Smile

So the potential for further work as a result is fairly high....!

I'd be tempted to add a logo, Discreetly of course, But that might not go down to well.....Sad

BubbaG2000
    9 Apr 2009 - 1:32 PM

If you know what kind of photoframe it is, then you could resize the images to fit yourself. Trust me, images rezised to fit your average digital photoframe really are not worth copying! Unless it's a large, hi-res one, in which case you could sneak in a wee logo!

Last Modified By BubbaG2000 at 9 Apr 2009 - 1:33 PM
    martin_hurton

This sounds like a great idea actually. With the price of SD cards these days it could be worth offering as opposed to a CD of images...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.