Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Portraits On Memory Card

9 Apr 2009 9:53AM
I've been asked by a client if it's possible to have all the pictures from a recent portrait session on an SD card so they can see them on a digital frame.

Obviously they would be fairly low res and there's alway the risk of them being copied (they've already spent lots on framed images).

Just wondering about the pros & cons and peoples thoughts.

Tony

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Apr 2009 10:00AM

Quote:they've already spent lots on framed images

It is so low res on the digital frame, it doesn't really matter, does it?
Also, makes it as free, so that they will be chuffed and you might get a return business.
TimJ e2
11 482 2 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2009 10:30AM
I agree, if they've already spend a lot on framed images and you're happy with the amount of profit you've made then I would let them have the low res images on SD card for free.

It's also good advertising because people who visit that client's house will see more of your work, or other family members might want prints done of images they see on the digital frame.
cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Apr 2009 1:19PM

Quote:images they see on the digital frame

Has to be said the " Digital Photo " frames are the latest must have toy, So they are bound to be a talking point amongst people and thier guests, Probably more so than pulling out the family album....Smile

So the potential for further work as a result is fairly high....!

I'd be tempted to add a logo, Discreetly of course, But that might not go down to well.....Sad
BubbaG2000 e2
7 767 1
9 Apr 2009 1:32PM
If you know what kind of photoframe it is, then you could resize the images to fit yourself. Trust me, images rezised to fit your average digital photoframe really are not worth copying! Unless it's a large, hi-res one, in which case you could sneak in a wee logo!
9 Apr 2009 3:52PM
This sounds like a great idea actually. With the price of SD cards these days it could be worth offering as opposed to a CD of images...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.