Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Portraiture Competition

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 10:09 PM

I would like regulars to win but if what's perceived to be a better picture has been uploaded by a newcomer I don't think it's fair to boycott them.
Besides it keeps regulars on their toes. If you want to win you have to be best Wink
Re the EC HC rule we have members keep complaining when an EC HC wins so we decided to try this method. I'm not fussed either way. Both options have a slight level of unfairness, but I can see your point, so which is best? .... ECs allowed or out .

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2010 - 10:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 10:11 PM

And what is that supposed to mean, Jeff?
I haven't entered for a few months now and never came across that rule before.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 10:14 PM

Pete, the rule seems to suggest: don't enter your best work to the gallery if you would like to use them for future competitions.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Pete, the rule seems to suggest: don't enter your best work to the gallery if you would like to use them for future competitions.

It's a good point.

Fishnet
Fishnet  94976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 11:05 PM

I didn't know about that rule either (might explain why I never win!!).

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111879 forum poststj vcard England
7 Jul 2010 - 11:39 PM

Quote: Pete, the rule seems to suggest: don't enter your best work to the gallery if you would like to use them for future competitions.

Perhaps this needs some re-thinking...

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 11:49 PM

One 'easy' way out - do away with ECs, HCs, whatever, completely.

But that would no doubt upset those who strive for these awards.

Seems that either one goes in for ECs/HCs, or for competitions, and nair the twain shall meet.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2010 - 11:55 PM

How about a few comps stipulating date/time scale rules, a little more fun and challenging Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 6:47 AM

Mind you, you could also be giving others an idea of what would do well in a competition by uploading and gaining an HC/EC, again putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Coleslaw
8 Jul 2010 - 7:17 AM

Maybe when some members complaining about 'pro' equipments other use, you will ban those as well?
I just think it is ridiculous.

Fishnet
8 Jul 2010 - 3:14 PM

I seriously never knew about that rule, and usually when I enter a comp I enter an HC as obviously that's been judged to be one of my better photos, so I have been wasting my time and all of my chances Sad

Last Modified By Fishnet at 8 Jul 2010 - 3:15 PM
Coleslaw
8 Jul 2010 - 3:21 PM

It is a new rule, Anna. Probably only started last couple months.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 8 Jul 2010 - 3:22 PM
Fishnet
8 Jul 2010 - 3:59 PM

Oh right.

Why on earth was it brought in then? What's the purpose?

Coleslaw
8 Jul 2010 - 4:01 PM

You need to read carefully, Anna! Tongue
According to Pete's reply above,

Quote: Re the EC HC rule we have members keep complaining when an EC HC wins so we decided to try this method

blackbird
blackbird  7159 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 4:24 PM

Quote: "Young cattle handler" is just amazingly beautiful.

Thank you suziblue, she was a very pretty child and I was lucky to catch her eye.
I think it's good that HC's and EC's are excluded from comps, it keeps things fresh and encourages new effort

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.