Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Portraiture Competition

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KevSB
KevSB  101403 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 5:18 PM

Noy sure that the judges are checking that tbh This one was shortlisted and was an award winner

The foxes

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Jul 2010 - 5:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

proberts
proberts  10218 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 5:24 PM

Just had a quick look now and seems first and third place only joined to enter comps. (no photos and no comments. Nothing)
Maybe part of the criteria for entering is you must have, say,10 photos on your portfolio ? Just an idea because i for one think its unfair that they dont participate in the site and galleries what so ever.
Andrew.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 5:24 PM

I hadn't realised there was a new rule either - although there again I haven't entered any comps for a while 8-P From my point of view I like the idea of excluding awarded pics - I want to push myself so not entering well received pics makes me think harder about what I'm going to plan and shoot. There again the new rules seem unpopular so i'll go with the flow - I can make the choice not to enter any awarded pics (out of my massive and extensive gallery of four .. LOL) Grin

Merille - what I love about the picture is the relationship between the little girl and those two huge beasts on either side of her. Such confidence and ease, and an upbringing filled with farming and a knowledge of the raw side of it - it's all in her eyes. Fab.

User_Removed
8 Jul 2010 - 5:47 PM

Quote: Noy sure that the judges are checking that tbh This one was shortlisted and was an award winner

The foxes

LOL quality, makes me wonder why i bother

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 5:58 PM

Not sure how they'd know anyway, must be impossible.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 6:00 PM

Quote: Noy sure that the judges are checking that tbh This one was shortlisted and was an award winner

With over 600 entries this is not easy to spot. One did actually make it through to the winners and was dropped back which is the important point. In the last few months we have slipped up by letting an EC/HC win. To be honest it's more trouble than it's worth and as many seem not to like the new rule we'll revert back to ECs and HCs being allowed.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 6:25 PM

Quote: we'll revert back to ECs and HCs being allowed.

Good decision, I reckon.
New members can just join and enter without any restriction; while regular has rules like this to stop them entering what they want.
That to me is just not on.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 7:12 PM

I think it's really unfair not to let an EC/HC enter, if I have a photo which would fit the bill for a comp perfectly, it's not my fault if it's been picked for an HC is it?

So rather than be allowed to enter my best work, I have to enter photos that can't even get an HC, that doesn't make any sense.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 7:15 PM

Quote: we'll revert back to ECs and HCs being allowed.
Good decision, I reckon.
New members can just join and enter without any restriction; while regular has rules like this to stop them entering what they want.
That to me is just not on.

Exactly, you can't have rules for some people and none for others, what if a newcomer enters a photo in the comp, then uploads it to their PF and 5 mins later it gets an HC/EC, when the judging is done and it wins, it will be an awarded photo that's won which breaks the rules.

Craziness.

User_Removed
8 Jul 2010 - 7:44 PM

How about uploading a subtle variant of a winning HC EC image for a competition, and renaming that subtle variant? Just a thought, probably not a very good thought but its out there now Grin

Eviscera
Eviscera  81096 forum posts United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2010 - 8:38 PM

Just out of interest , as Pete personally chooses the EC/EC awards anyway , who judges the main themed competitions ?

(And its good that those awarded are eligible now) , Is it a panel ?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.