Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Postcards from Mars

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 11:12 AM

Has the Mail Online been listening to the Sound of Flak - a project by epz's IT David and myself? Postcards from Mars is the third track from the CD - The Unbalanced.

But that shameless plug is not the point of the thread. This link to the Mail Online is worth following to see the high resolution colour photos that have appeared so far from the NASA project. Fascinating stuff and I can't believe some of the comments suggesting it's all fake!

Last Modified By Pete at 28 Aug 2012 - 11:12 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Aug 2012 - 11:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45758 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 11:16 AM

Quote: I can't believe some of the comments suggesting it's all fake!

Oh, I can. According to some we do not yet have the technology to leave Earth's gravity - Radio5 had a phone-in yesterday about whether we should spend the money going back to the moon and it took only three calls for the sceptics to start dialling in saying we have never been there in the first place (so missing the point of the show altogether)...

Carrera_c
    Carrera_c  4244 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 11:38 AM

Quote: According to some we do not yet have the technology to leave Earth's gravity

These people should be openly mocked, then offered the chance to travel back in time to the dark ages where there views may be accepted.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013935 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 12:51 PM

Never read the comments on a Mail online article, they will only leave you saddened by the sheer amount of feckwittery out there.

NikLG
    NikLG  81736 forum posts England
    28 Aug 2012 - 1:18 PM

Quote: offered the chance to travel back in time

We can do that too ???? Tongue

franken
    franken e2 Member 112913 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 2:01 PM

Quote: Oh, I can. According to some we do not yet have the technology to leave Earth's gravity

Probably related to ancestors of the people who said that a human body wouldn't be able to withstand the pressure from travelling an a steam train that travelled faster than 50 miles an hour. (Quote from the 19th century)Grin

Or a human body or aeroplane would not withstand the stress of flying through the sound barrier. (Early 50's quote if I remember correctly!)Grin

Oh and one from the thirties I believe that said, "man would never be able to leave the Earth in any vehicle as space would boil their blood!"Grin

Last Modified By franken at 28 Aug 2012 - 2:01 PM
    mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45758 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 2:12 PM

At least that last one has some validity to it - the idea of a totally sealed vehicle was probably unimaginable to them in which case the vacuum would cause the blood to boil.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 109963 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 3:01 PM

That's the fundamental problem with Digital Photography - Jo Public believes its all created in the computer! Wink

Exciting times though and what amazing images coming back already!

Last Modified By brian1208 at 28 Aug 2012 - 3:02 PM
    mikehit
    28 Aug 2012 - 3:48 PM

Quote:
    That's the fundamental problem with Digital Photography - Jo Public believes its all created in the computer! Wink

'Tis true. I am going to try the counter-conspiracy rumour that in fact humans have already populated Mars and that there is a base on there and the Internationsl Space Station was merely a stepping stone. President Obama has been based there for three years and all we see is a hyper-real hologram. The images we are seeing now are doctored to remove all evidence of the human ecosystem and the huge oasis that exists on the endge of the crater.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 4:09 PM

Quote: I am going to try the counter-conspiracy rumour that in fact humans have already populated Mars

You can start with alien bases on the Moon ! Wink

franken
    franken e2 Member 112913 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Aug 2012 - 5:09 PM

Quote: I am going to try the counter-conspiracy rumour that in fact humans have already populated Mars

You can start with alien bases on the Moon ! Wink

Actually they're the first wetherspoon pubs and they were abandoned a long time ago as they didn't create enough of an atmosphere!

Coat on and gone! Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.