Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Postcards from Mars

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
28 Aug 2012 11:12AM
Has the Mail Online been listening to the Sound of Flak - a project by epz's IT David and myself? Postcards from Mars is the third track from the CD - The Unbalanced .

But that shameless plug is not the point of the thread. This link to the Mail Online is worth following to see the high resolution colour photos that have appeared so far from the NASA project. Fascinating stuff and I can't believe some of the comments suggesting it's all fake!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2012 11:16AM

Quote: I can't believe some of the comments suggesting it's all fake!

Oh, I can. According to some we do not yet have the technology to leave Earth's gravity - Radio5 had a phone-in yesterday about whether we should spend the money going back to the moon and it took only three calls for the sceptics to start dialling in saying we have never been there in the first place (so missing the point of the show altogether)...
Carrera_c e2
5 271 3 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2012 11:38AM

Quote:According to some we do not yet have the technology to leave Earth's gravity

These people should be openly mocked, then offered the chance to travel back in time to the dark ages where there views may be accepted.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2012 12:51PM

Quote: I can't believe some of the comments suggesting it's all fake!

Never read the comments on a Mail online article, they will only leave you saddened by the sheer amount of feckwittery out there.
NikLG e2
9 1.7k England
28 Aug 2012 1:18PM

Quote:offered the chance to travel back in time

We can do that too ???? Tongue
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
28 Aug 2012 2:01PM

Quote:Oh, I can. According to some we do not yet have the technology to leave Earth's gravity

Probably related to ancestors of the people who said that a human body wouldn't be able to withstand the pressure from travelling an a steam train that travelled faster than 50 miles an hour. (Quote from the 19th century)Grin

Or a human body or aeroplane would not withstand the stress of flying through the sound barrier. (Early 50's quote if I remember correctly!)Grin

Oh and one from the thirties I believe that said, "man would never be able to leave the Earth in any vehicle as space would boil their blood!"Grin
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2012 2:12PM
At least that last one has some validity to it - the idea of a totally sealed vehicle was probably unimaginable to them in which case the vacuum would cause the blood to boil.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2012 3:01PM

Quote:I can't believe some of the comments suggesting it's all fake!

That's the fundamental problem with Digital Photography - Jo Public believes its all created in the computer! Wink

Exciting times though and what amazing images coming back already!
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2012 3:48PM

Quote:
That's the fundamental problem with Digital Photography - Jo Public believes its all created in the computer! Wink

'Tis true. I am going to try the counter-conspiracy rumour that in fact humans have already populated Mars and that there is a base on there and the Internationsl Space Station was merely a stepping stone. President Obama has been based there for three years and all we see is a hyper-real hologram. The images we are seeing now are doctored to remove all evidence of the human ecosystem and the huge oasis that exists on the endge of the crater.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
28 Aug 2012 4:09PM

Quote:I am going to try the counter-conspiracy rumour that in fact humans have already populated Mars

You can start with alien bases on the Moon ! Wink
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
28 Aug 2012 5:09PM

Quote:I am going to try the counter-conspiracy rumour that in fact humans have already populated Mars

You can start with alien bases on the Moon ! Wink

Actually they're the first wetherspoon pubs and they were abandoned a long time ago as they didn't create enough of an atmosphere!

Coat on and gone! Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.