Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Poster size prints

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    snapbandit
    snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Apr 2006 - 4:18 AM

Can anyone (preferably someone who has actually used them!) recommend a good lab for getting poster size (36"x24" & larger) prints from Digital files? (need good quality paper & printing also reasonably quick turnround times)

I normally use photobox for most of my stuff but they only seem to go up to 30"x20" (unless I missed something!!)

Any recommendations welcomed, thanks.

Joe B

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Apr 2006 - 4:18 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidentrican
    10 Apr 2006 - 4:32 AM

I can recommend Peak Imaging (link). I have had a 40 x 30" print from them and loads of 20 x 16"s.

Dave

ps. I don't work for them (and don't use them much anymore as I print a lot of smaller sizes now) Smile

Clarence
    Clarence  9136 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Apr 2006 - 4:57 AM

I am in the same situation and used www.intelligence-direct.com for 20X16's.
    Pro = they were quick and very good value using good quality paper.
    Con = they were not 'proper' photo prints but pro inkjet (?) so lacked the punch that I was after. However that was my fault, should have checked first. (they also rolled the prints to post, is that normal?)

So sorry, not really answering your question except to say check the print type first.

keithh
    keithh  1022734 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Apr 2006 - 4:58 AM

If you want a 'proper' photograph then you want a Genesis from www.chromagene.co.uk

Clarence
    10 Apr 2006 - 5:02 AM

any advice as to some more professional lingo that translates to 'proper' photo...so I don't get caught out again?

keithh
    keithh  1022734 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Apr 2006 - 5:06 AM

It's a Lambda based print on Fuji Crystal archive.

and as good as an old Cibachrome. So good that if it isn't a good shot, the print will expose it's weaknesses. I supplied one to a gallery in Italy last year who stuffily informed me that they only took Ciba's....but they took the Genesis without a question.

and yep...rolling is usual for large format prints.

Clarence
    10 Apr 2006 - 5:09 AM

of course, "Lambda based print on Fuji Crystal archive"...it was on the tip of my tongue Wink

thanks Keith

snapbandit
    snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Apr 2006 - 5:37 AM

Many thanks for the replies Dave, David (Clarence) & Keith, I'll check them all out.

Joe B

User_Removed
    10 Apr 2006 - 7:47 AM

Bookmarking...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.