Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PortraitPro FREE TRIAL + EXTRA 10% OFF coupon EPH315

Preview of Photoshop CS6 capabilities

thatmanbrian 3 342 3 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2011 4:08PM
The beta testing of CS6 will begin very soon. The Russians already have it and some videos demonstrating new features have been posted. Here is one which is truly amazing!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
21 Oct 2011 4:12PM
Colour to black and white video reversed is what that is
sherlob Plus
9 2.5k 126 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2011 4:30PM
This looks like 'viral' joke to me. I suspect the image shown has been edited. E.g. was shot in reverse sequence? I've noted a few of these dotted around the web recently for different products - perhaps a new form of viral advertising. I saw a great one for the new iPhone a few weeks back with a virtual light projected keyboard and a projected display - had it only been a true! Just like this - it looked very convincing.
User_Removed 11 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2011 4:30PM

Quote:The Russians already have it and some videos demonstrating new features have been posted. Here is one which is truly amazing!

I can't believe you'd fall for this nonsense, or expect us to fall for it. This was posted a in May 2010. It shows someone erasing a dirty mono layer to reveal the original colour image underneath.
21 Oct 2011 4:41PM
Chris, everyone, sorry but I did fall for it! There has been a lot of talk about CS6 beta testers being invited soon and about the new features. This vid did seem too good to be true I must admit but not that outlandish! What can I say? :-(
User_Removed 11 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2011 5:04PM
Brian don't worry, I'm one of nature's skeptics and sometimes get annoyed when others are taken in. It's not those people I'm angry at for being taken in but the con men who peddle the rubbish in the first place.
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
21 Oct 2011 5:16PM

Quote:Chris, everyone, sorry but I did fall for it! There has been a lot of talk about CS6 beta testers being invited soon and about the new features. This vid did seem too good to be true I must admit but not that outlandish! What can I say? :-(

No worries Brian, it's nothing in the scheme of things.
21 Oct 2011 5:59PM
Thanks all
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
21 Oct 2011 6:01PM

Quote:What can I say?

Nothing, but you can whip yourself to within an inch of your life. Actions speak louder than words!
21 Oct 2011 6:26PM
You might think that's a punishment but to others...Wink
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
21 Oct 2011 6:47PM
thewilliam 6 5.0k
23 Oct 2011 7:10PM
There's one feature of CS6 that I'm really looking forward to and that's "Auto-composition".

They've stored the compostion of something over 20,000 successful images. When you use this tool, PS compares our picture with the stored images and suggests a crop. If we like what we see, we just press "Enter" and it's done.

Although some folks have seen the Beta version, I was told that the launch date won't be until the start of April 2012.
24 Oct 2011 6:45PM
Ouch!Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.