Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Print Dryer I think?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • 1
    • »
    16 Oct 2005 - 4:11 PM

    Hi guys,

    I bought what I initially thought was a print dryer off Ebay. But I'm beginning to think its not.

    Theirs not brand name or model on it. Ther unit consists of a concave surface both back and front that gets hot, then canves covers can be laid across with steel plates.

    Am I right in thinking this is not a dryer but a glasser for fibre based papers?

    Many Thanks
    Apologise for the spelling.

    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Oct 2005 - 4:11 PM

    Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Oct 2005 - 1:05 AM

    I'm no expert but had one years ago. Not having seen it I suspect that it is a dryer and glazing plate for fibre papers.

    You lay the print on top of the curved surface you then hold flat and taut by tensioning the "muslin-type" cloth.

    An optional glazing plate restores the gloss finish to glossy papers that otherwise dry to a lustre finish with the dryer.

    It will probably melt RC papers!

    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Oct 2005 - 1:42 AM

    John's right - it's for fibre based papers.

    • «
    • 1
    • »

    Add a Comment

    You must be a member to leave a comment

    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.