Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Print preperation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sugarbird
    sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
    3 Nov 2005 - 9:32 PM

Could someone please advise me on the best way to prepare images to print, not home print, I get my images printed at shop on Fuji Archive paper but am unsure of how exactly to save them for the best results..do I change the dpi to 300, do I change them to TIFF?? In easy english please...I shoot in RAW and in JPEG..these are for an Exhibition so I need the best quality..thanks so much..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Nov 2005 - 9:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mlewis
    mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Nov 2005 - 10:24 PM

After editing to get the colours how you want them etc I would decide how big you want to print them and then resize them so they print at the required size at 300dpi. Use the RAW file to create the file for printing and do as much editing in 16bit mode as possible to keep the quality.

Then I would sharpen the pictures. How much sharpening is needed might require some experimentation and test prints. You can sharpen them more for printing than for displaying on the web.

Next I would convert the picture to sRGB colourspace, convert the file to 8bit mode, and send the file to the printer. If the printer accepts tiff files you can use that format but a jpg file with not much compression would be fine as well as you won't notice any difference. If sending files over the net use jpg as they are smaller.

This is what I do when sending files to be printed.

sugarbird
    sugarbird  10223 forum posts South Africa
    3 Nov 2005 - 11:14 PM

Many thanks, that is a great help...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.