Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Printer Headache

arhab 3 43 2 Indonesia
7 Dec 2012 12:13AM
that's how the inkjet work. best for photo but cost much. in indonesia epson released the genuine ciss system printer and canon and hp following by released the efficient and ink advantage printer system. laser not very good for photo and the toner price it's not cheap.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS 5 106 2 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2012 1:12AM
Ink is consumed in the cleaning process....
SlowSong Plus
6 5.1k 29 England
10 Dec 2012 9:06AM
Well, as good as Canon printers are, I shan't be buying another one. I put a new black ink cartridge in a couple of weeks ago and left the printer ON so that it didn't go through it's cleaning program every time I used it and wasted ink. But! I've run through three sheets of paper since to keep the heads lubricated, just 20 words in different colours on each. Very small stuff. AND THE BLACK CARTRIDGE IS HALF EMPTY ALREADY!! That is totally unacceptable and I'll be using TP inks from now on and getting any important picture professionally printed. Outrageous. I'm so cross. My next printer will Not be a Canon. Sad
arhab 3 43 2 Indonesia
10 Dec 2012 9:28AM
good choice. my printer is canon too. only use it for print text in draft mode, never print in highest mode. use genuine ink only, i can't handle the problem using non genuine ink, (hand full of ink). for photo is better to send it to lab.
Mike_Smith Plus
8 225 1 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2012 1:38PM
I think ink is one of the most expensive liquids in the world, or it seems that way to me. I agree with a few of the others above its much cheaper and less bother if you get them printed by a lab. I have used Snapmad who are part of 7dayshop.com the quality service and price take some beating and if you can keep your pictures and order a higher number the price gets cheaper
KenTaylor Plus
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2012 3:44PM

Quote:I think ink is one of the most expensive liquids in the world

More expensive than some of the top perfumes.Wink

Printer ink has been an issue for many years where the manufacturer make their profit allegedly. That profit is ongoing with whatever printer is used.

A lab print is ok that however is restricted in the choice of paper. Printing your own the choice is vast particularly with fine art printing where my interest are for B&W.

Had my eye on the printer in question as a secondary standby that now leaves me having to do more homework.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.