Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printer Headache

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

arhab
arhab  243 forum posts Indonesia2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Dec 2012 - 12:13 AM

that's how the inkjet work. best for photo but cost much. in indonesia epson released the genuine ciss system printer and canon and hp following by released the efficient and ink advantage printer system. laser not very good for photo and the toner price it's not cheap.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Dec 2012 - 12:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KNS
KNS  5106 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Dec 2012 - 1:12 AM

Ink is consumed in the cleaning process....

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64441 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 9:06 AM

Well, as good as Canon printers are, I shan't be buying another one. I put a new black ink cartridge in a couple of weeks ago and left the printer ON so that it didn't go through it's cleaning program every time I used it and wasted ink. But! I've run through three sheets of paper since to keep the heads lubricated, just 20 words in different colours on each. Very small stuff. AND THE BLACK CARTRIDGE IS HALF EMPTY ALREADY!! That is totally unacceptable and I'll be using TP inks from now on and getting any important picture professionally printed. Outrageous. I'm so cross. My next printer will Not be a Canon. Sad

arhab
arhab  243 forum posts Indonesia2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 9:28 AM

good choice. my printer is canon too. only use it for print text in draft mode, never print in highest mode. use genuine ink only, i can't handle the problem using non genuine ink, (hand full of ink). for photo is better to send it to lab.

Mike_Smith
Mike_Smith e2 Member 7123 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 1:38 PM

I think ink is one of the most expensive liquids in the world, or it seems that way to me. I agree with a few of the others above its much cheaper and less bother if you get them printed by a lab. I have used Snapmad who are part of 7dayshop.com the quality service and price take some beating and if you can keep your pictures and order a higher number the price gets cheaper

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 3:44 PM

Quote: I think ink is one of the most expensive liquids in the world

More expensive than some of the top perfumes.Wink

Printer ink has been an issue for many years where the manufacturer make their profit allegedly. That profit is ongoing with whatever printer is used.

A lab print is ok that however is restricted in the choice of paper. Printing your own the choice is vast particularly with fine art printing where my interest are for B&W.

Had my eye on the printer in question as a secondary standby that now leaves me having to do more homework.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.