Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printer Profiles for Canon iX6550

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MattB1987
    MattB1987 e2 Member 2420 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
    23 Feb 2012 - 7:22 AM

Hello!
    I have recently purchased a Canon iX6550 A3+ printer (a bargain from Amazon at 149) and I am looking at papers and profiling. I have bought some Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl paper which is brilliant and I managed to get a free profile for the paper from Ilfords website which was for my printer/paper combination.

My problem is that I wanted to try some other papers (apart from Canon) but most of the other large paper suppliers don't have a compatible profile for my printer to go with their paper eg. Permajet. Does anyone know a solution to the problem ( for free preferably) or any other good paper manufacturers who do offer compatible profiles.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Matt

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Feb 2012 - 7:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2012 - 8:28 AM

Permajet and Photospeed both do custom profiles free via the email. you have to download a test strip from the email, set the printer preferences to instructions, make a print and send it by post and from that they will email you a profile which is easy to install. i have had some done with mixed success. Both papers are good and are comparable with Ilford but less expensive.

the alternative is someone like SCS profiling services in sheffield and although the outlay may seem a little expensive it makes radical reductions in ink usage and wasted paper. i went this way.

regards
    Phil

MattB1987
    MattB1987 e2 Member 2420 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
    23 Feb 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ah brilliant, thanks for the help Phil, I'll have to give them a look.
    Thanks again
    Matt

Chant57
    Chant57 e2 Member 8374 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Feb 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hi Matt. I'm using the Canon Pixma pro 9500 mkII printer and Tecco paper. The quality of the paper is excellent and profiles are available to download from the Tecco site. I don't know if your particular printer is listed, but having said that there is a sheet in every box of paper that tells you the equivalent canon printer settings to use if you can't download a profile. I first saw this paper at Focus On Imaging a couple of years ago - so usually buy my supplies when there. They do a wide range of papers.

Regards
    Chant

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.