Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printing and presenting photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    olbell
    olbell  647 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jan 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hi,

I just have a general query on getting my digital photos printed and framed at a relatively high quality.

Queries include:
    Any places with good value framing?
    Any recommended printing paper, especially for B&W and examples of online retailers.

Otherwise i would just love general advice on this area.

Thanks guys

Rgds Ollie

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Jan 2008 - 11:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

malum
    malum e2 Member 10622 forum postsmalum vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jan 2008 - 2:55 PM

I get mine printed at Photobox (I'm not alone) I can't be bothered to mess around with printers and colour profiles etc and the cost isn't much different, Once you factor in the cost of a decent printer it's probably cheaper.

I get my shots framed by a local guy. He is cheaper than some online places I've seen who are just charging for the frame and mount. I recommend this route as well if you can find someone.

I'm lazy as you can tell but my method has the advantage of putting all the hassle into someone elses hands.

User_Removed
    14 Jan 2008 - 2:59 PM

Another is Loxley Colour in Glasgow.
    Always give me great prints and service.

Gerry.

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jan 2008 - 3:00 PM

Quote: I'm lazy as you can tell but my method has the advantage of putting all the hassle into someone elses hands.

And the control over the final result, too.

It was because I was totally fed-up with the 'quality' produced by online printers that I ended up buying an inkjet and learning how to do it myself. It really isn't that much faff when you get it all figured out. No more than editing any image in PS, anyway.

User_Removed
    14 Jan 2008 - 3:00 PM

I get all of my prints done at ProAm Imaging in Bradford... great quality and good value.

malum
    malum e2 Member 10622 forum postsmalum vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jan 2008 - 3:06 PM

Quote: And the control over the final result, too.
    It was because I was totally fed-up with the 'quality' produced by online printers that I ended up buying an inkjet and learning how to do it myself. It really isn't that much faff when you get it all figured out. No more than editing any image in PS, anyway.

They print what I send them. All the control goes into making the print look how I want it and then they don't do anything with it but print it, they make no adjustments, as long as you have a calibrated monitor it should look just how you want it every time. There's not a lot for them to balls up.

phil beale
    phil beale  111502 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Jan 2008 - 4:33 PM

Another vote for proam imaging their prices are cheaper than photobox just send the prints to them on a cd which i find easier than uploading them.
    Mounts from cotswold mounts easier than cutting your own.

Frames from any local shop tesco, range, sainsburys (ikea but i think their frames mounts are the same sizing as in the uk)etc hopefully the customer is looking at the print not the frame.

it depends how much you want to spend altogether. I reckon to do a 16x12 printed mounted and framed for 12

Phil

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Jan 2008 - 5:08 PM

Bpdphotech

olbell
    olbell  647 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jan 2008 - 5:31 PM

OK great, thanks guys.

Proved very helpful. I do know a local guy is really good at framing so will stick with him. For printing i will stick with the big online companies and when i save up get one of those new epson printers!!!

Cheers Ollie

phil beale
    phil beale  111502 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 Jan 2008 - 6:03 PM

I've just sold my epson a3 because i get all my prints done by pro am.

Phil

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.