Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Printing from CS5

Heretic e2
8 11 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2010 3:13PM
Hi, has anybody else had problems printing from CS5? I noted back in July on the Adobe PS fora (forums?) that there was a problem with magenta casts after installing CS5. A search now on the forum to see if it had been resolved proved negative, in fact there was a new posting with the same problem. Has anybody found a cure?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2010 3:14PM
I havent had any issues with printing. using Cs5 and a canon mp500. print and screen look identical. no colour shift at all.
matt.
Heretic e2
8 11 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2010 3:34PM
It does seem that there were most problems with Epson printers - though all report printing fine on previous versions of PS - CS4 down.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
29 Oct 2010 6:50PM
Prints on my cheap old Epson come out much darker than they appear on screen if I print from CS5.
I get round it by either deliberately brightening the image before I print it, practice has taught me by how much or I simply print them using something else.
Dear old Windows printing wizard does a pretty good job. Good enough for me anyway.
Never had a problem using CS2 though.

Jester.
Heretic e2
8 11 United Kingdom
29 Oct 2010 8:22PM
Yes, I think if I print from Windows it's not too bad, but I am using a profiled paper/ink combination and set colour management off in the printer control and let photoshop manage the colour - except it doesn't.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
29 Oct 2010 8:27PM

Quote:I am using a profiled paper/ink combination and set colour management off in the printer control and let photoshop manage the colour - except it doesn't.

I tried doing that following some advice/instructions in a couple of threads on here quite recently.
Didn't work for me either.
Sabreur e2
9 767 England
29 Oct 2010 8:46PM
I've had problems with a magenta cast on my Canon pixma 8500, using a custom profile on CS5. I seem to get better prints turning off the color management in the CS5 print dialogue and leavinf it set at no adjustment in the printer's own settings.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
29 Oct 2010 9:00PM
Having casually said above that I had no problems with CS2, I don't remember ever setting a custom profile.
I was probably doing as Sabreur suggests above and letting the printer decide.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.