Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printing from CS5

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Heretic
    Heretic  8 United Kingdom
    29 Oct 2010 - 3:13 PM

Hi, has anybody else had problems printing from CS5? I noted back in July on the Adobe PS fora (forums?) that there was a problem with magenta casts after installing CS5. A search now on the forum to see if it had been resolved proved negative, in fact there was a new posting with the same problem. Has anybody found a cure?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Oct 2010 - 3:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mohikan22
    mohikan22  102180 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Oct 2010 - 3:14 PM

I havent had any issues with printing. using Cs5 and a canon mp500. print and screen look identical. no colour shift at all.
    matt.

Heretic
    29 Oct 2010 - 3:34 PM

It does seem that there were most problems with Epson printers - though all report printing fine on previous versions of PS - CS4 down.

Jestertheclown
    29 Oct 2010 - 6:50 PM

Prints on my cheap old Epson come out much darker than they appear on screen if I print from CS5.
    I get round it by either deliberately brightening the image before I print it, practice has taught me by how much or I simply print them using something else.
    Dear old Windows printing wizard does a pretty good job. Good enough for me anyway.
    Never had a problem using CS2 though.

Jester.

Heretic
    29 Oct 2010 - 8:22 PM

Yes, I think if I print from Windows it's not too bad, but I am using a profiled paper/ink combination and set colour management off in the printer control and let photoshop manage the colour - except it doesn't.

Jestertheclown
    29 Oct 2010 - 8:27 PM

Quote: I am using a profiled paper/ink combination and set colour management off in the printer control and let photoshop manage the colour - except it doesn't.

I tried doing that following some advice/instructions in a couple of threads on here quite recently.
    Didn't work for me either.

Sabreur
    Sabreur  8767 forum posts England
    29 Oct 2010 - 8:46 PM

I've had problems with a magenta cast on my Canon pixma 8500, using a custom profile on CS5. I seem to get better prints turning off the color management in the CS5 print dialogue and leavinf it set at no adjustment in the printer's own settings.

Jestertheclown
    29 Oct 2010 - 9:00 PM

Having casually said above that I had no problems with CS2, I don't remember ever setting a custom profile.
    I was probably doing as Sabreur suggests above and letting the printer decide.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.