Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printing on site.... What software for packages?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Johnny0110
    25 Jul 2012 - 2:28 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is John, Im new here so let me just say hello and introduce myself and say thanks for having me. Im sure I can offer up some good input for all of you as well as learn also! I have been a photographer for over 25 years shooting everything from weddings to sports to portraits, but my main business is weddings.

My question is this..... For those of you that shoot on location, whether it be sports, a dance, or any other event, what software do you use to set up the layouts for your prints. Im looking to print dye sublimation prints with a Kodak or Sony 8x10 printer on location with several packages to choose from. I will be offering wallets, 5x7's and 8x10's. For example, package A will contain 8 wallets and 2 5x7's. I would love to be able to shoot the photo, do a quick process in Lightroom and then print a package on the spot. I tried using Lightroom, which I use almost daily, but not for printing photo packages. It seemed to be a little difficult to use on that part. I also tried Photoshop Elements with not too much luck.

Any input would be greatly appreciated !!!

John

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Jul 2012 - 2:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

OldTom1
    OldTom1  269 forum posts
    25 Jul 2012 - 7:15 PM

I am also seaking out software. Currently use Canon EOS Utility and it works fine for small events along with Elements but when a rush is on you lose time.
    I have settled on Darkroom (Core) and will be trying it out next week to finalise my choice.

mikeweeks
    mikeweeks  9952 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Oct 2012 - 10:35 PM

Darkroom is great, been using it years but another old favourite is Qimage.

Mike

Chris_H
    Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Oct 2012 - 11:21 PM

As mike said above Qimage ultimate is a fantastic piece of software for printing, not only for the ease of use but also for the quality and its also quite cheap compared to lots of other printing software. They do a full feature free trial on their website too.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.