Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printing online desktop calendars - vistaprint

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 113685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Nov 2009 - 8:50 AM

I normally get some desktop calendars printed this time of year for xmas pressies. For the last couple of years photobox have had some good deals - bogof's etc. This year prices have gone up and no offers. So I searched around and discovered vistaprint are selling them for less than 3 quid! Naturally I'm now concerned about quality. Has anyone used them? Just soumds too cheap and between 2 and 5 times cheaper than anywhrere else. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Nov 2009 - 8:50 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 113685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Dec 2009 - 9:48 AM

Anyone used visatprint in general? Spell check now installed . . .

johnp
    johnp  10139 forum posts United Kingdom
    1 Dec 2009 - 11:06 AM

I've just had some business cards printed by Vistaprint. The order process is very simple until you come to place an order, at which point you wade through pages of "extras" you might want. Mugs, T-shirts, etc. The only offer of significance was heavier card - "recommended for your design". I decided to forego that opportunity and was very happy with the cards when they arrived. Now waiting for 2 car door magnets to arrive. I'll provide an update if I can remember when they arrive.

John

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Dec 2009 - 12:40 PM

I've just had another 75 calendars printed with File Print...cost 1.78 / calendar plus case 0.30p

File Print

Calendar Box

If you make your own template in InDesign or similar and upload to File Print as a PDF.

...and this is it.link

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Dec 2009 - 12:46 PM

I've just had another 75 A5 calendars printed with File Print...cost 1.78inc P&P / calendar plus case 0.30p

File Print

Calendar Box

If you make your own template in InDesign or similar and upload to File Print as a PDF.

...and this is it.link

kit-monster
    1 Dec 2009 - 12:50 PM

Thanks John and Cathy. I've read enough on here to be wary of Vistaprint traps and upselling to make sure I'll carefully read every page. But having seen Cathy's I might have a rethink. I'm not selling them, they're just family snaps for Christmas pressies.

I love the Calendar box format. Your calendar looks beautiful!

CathyT
    1 Dec 2009 - 1:17 PM

Thanks Ed.....I sell them to local companies for Christmas hampers. They get their company Logo /phone/fax no. on each page and their address etc on the front cover....lots of cut and pasting.

kit-monster
    1 Dec 2009 - 1:40 PM

They do cards as well! Looks like I might be able to get all my stuff done there. Thanks again.

PS Calendar looks so nice, I just had to buy one.

CathyT
    1 Dec 2009 - 2:17 PM

Look out for postie .......

DJ_SAKKA
    DJ_SAKKA  4 United Kingdom
    1 Dec 2009 - 8:19 PM

I'd usually use Photobox for calendars too but also found myself considering Vistaprint. I haven't had time to put together a calendar but I did order some business cards from Vistaprint...

...and I'm really disappointed with the quality. The colours are very muted and the prints are too dark. Of course, this may bear no relation to the calendar quality, but until I hear otherwise I shall not be using Vistaprint for business cards on anything else :o(

Do tell us how the calendar turns out though! BTW, the Which magazine did a comparison of calendars and Apple, Snapfish and Boots were the top three.

kit-monster
    2 Dec 2009 - 8:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what I decide to do and how things turn out. I'll check out the which reports as well.

samfurlong
    2 Dec 2009 - 2:20 PM

I like photobox. Quality wise they are the best I have found. Worth the money IMO... although perhaps there are others just as good / better that I haven't found yet.

irishman
    irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Dec 2009 - 3:36 PM

I get mine done at a local printers but I get them printed in bulk. no less than 500 a time, just a cost effective as fileprint but higher quality.

kit-monster
    2 Dec 2009 - 4:25 PM

Well I bought one of Cathy's and it arrived today. The quality is very, very good and much better than Photobox. 20 from photobox for 300 quid or fileprint for about 60 and much better qaulity - no brainer really!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.