Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Printing panoramas

rossd 11 1.1k England
9 Jan 2010 1:19PM
Anyone know where I can get full size( approx 23" x 7" I think) panorama paper ?

Tried Canon, Epson (I'm using an Epson printer), Papermill Direct etc.etc but nobody seems to stock the panorama format paper. The only other solution I can think of is to use A2 (23 x 16 aprox) but this reduces the choice of surfaces available.

Any suggestions or other ideas?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Jan 2010 1:23PM
SPEAK TO JKEN HES THE MAN
MikeH 9 217 4 England
9 Jan 2010 1:46PM
I've had stuff from here Ross www.ink2paper.com,

Mike
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2010 1:58PM
Which printer do you have?

I have an Epson R1900, and use 13 inch roll paper to print my panoramas. I currently use Permajet Oyster 271 from online paper
thewilliam 6 4.8k
9 Jan 2010 2:15PM
If your printer just handles sheets, you can still cut your chosen size from a roll.
rossd 11 1.1k England
9 Jan 2010 3:01PM

Quote:I've had stuff from here Ross www.ink2paper.com,

Thanks Mike; must have missed them when I did a previous web search. I'll give them a try.

Quote:Which printer do you have?

An Epson R2400.

Must admit I hadn't thought of cutting a sheet from a roll. I assume (without measuring it because it's upstairs and I'm lazy !!) the R2400 will accept a paper width of 13".
Of course the only problem with a roll is the fact that I would have to print quite a few panoramas!

Thanks Matt and thewilliam.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
9 Jan 2010 4:23PM

Quote:(I'm using an Epson printer)

Order it direct from Epson. Their pricing is very competitive.
stuwhitt 10 1.4k United Kingdom
9 Jan 2010 7:29PM
The R2400 IIRC has a roll holder which takes 13" rolls, print your pano and trim to size.
Another vote for Permajet Oyster it is an excellent paper.
9 Jan 2010 10:28PM
Epson discontinued their 24"x8" panorama paper a few years ago. I think a sheet of A2 cut lengthways is your answer. I've done a couple on A3 cut like this also. There's someone doing pano paper 16" long in a 2.5:1 ratio as far as I can remember, but the makers name escapes me at the moment. I didn't consider buying any as I prefer 3:1, which is the A2/A3 sheet ratio when cut lengthwise.
Alex.
rossd 11 1.1k England
10 Jan 2010 10:55AM

Quote:Order it direct from Epson. Their pricing is very competitive.

As stated in my original post and confirmed by Alex, Epson don't do pano format anymore.

As suggested I may get some 16" stuff (from ink2Paper as suggested by MikeH) as a trial and then lash out on some Permajet Oyster as it seems to be highly recommended.

Thanks once again to all for info/suggestions.
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2010 7:02AM

Quote:Of course the only problem with a roll is the fact that I would have to print quite a few panoramas!

The advantage of a Roll is that you can use it for any size print up to the maximum width of the roll.
OK, maybe a singe A4 print would waste a fair amount of paper, but no reason why you cannot use it for A3 prints.

I have a 13x37 print hanging over my desk at the moment, and it does look suitably impressive.
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
11 Jan 2010 9:44AM
This is an interesting read about Olmec rolls with an Epson printer. I think this chap might be a member of EPZ too...?

Olmec rolls are available from Paterson Photographic
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
11 Jan 2010 10:32AM
They seem to have a stock number for Olmec 260gsm Satin on a roll measuring 329mm wide, but whether it's still available, I'm afraid I can't answer that.

I'm a bit of a "printer virgin" and only just received the free sample of A4 Olmec sheets, which I still haven't tried out yet!

It could be worth giving Paterson's a call to see if the rolls are still available.

Edit: Where's your question about Satin rolls gone..? Smile
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
21 Jan 2010 6:39PM
Papermill Direct have a sale on rolls of paper just now

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.