Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Printing to CD/DVD problem!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SosFM
    SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Dec 2009 - 12:22 PM

Can anyone help I have tried to print onto a DVD using my Epson R320 printer. When I load the DVD into the special frame and press print the frame goes into the printer,it does its thing and then sends it back out having not printed onto it. I then get a message about the print position not been set up correctly. So I went into help and followed the instructions for adjusting the print position and printing a position confirmation pattern. I then hit print again to do this (I did have the arrows lined up) and it just spat it out again with the same message I had first time. So now I am going around in circles having to adjust the print position trying to print a position confirmation pattern which wont let me do that so preventing me from printing altogether. I am now totally frustrated and dont know where to go next.
    Can anyone help with some simple guidance on what I should do or where I am going wrong please.
    Soren.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Dec 2009 - 12:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Dec 2009 - 3:29 PM

This is of no help to you, But I had exactly the same hassle with an Epson 2100, Gave up in the end.....Sad

Bought a Canon printer, Printing is so easy to CD or DVD, None of that Epson line up fiasco.

That is just one of the reasons, We don't use Epson printers anymore....Wink

strawman
    strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Dec 2009 - 3:56 PM

Sorry, no Idea, it just worked on my R265, but only after the 3rd attempt. I have no idea why it did not work, nor do I know what I did differently. But it suddenly did work.

Daft question time, have you looked for a SW update, or even tried just turning off the whole thing and starting again.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111898 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Dec 2009 - 4:11 PM

Quote: Bought a Canon printer, Printing is so easy to CD or DVD, None of that Epson line up fiasco.

Same heare I gave up on epson printers because of the constant print nozzle clogging issu that most epson printers have. I would never ever buy or reccomend that anyone I know buy an Epson printer.

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6519 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Dec 2009 - 5:46 PM

My Epson R300 does just the same, like Vince I gave up trying. - gary

SosFM
    SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2009 - 8:34 AM

Oh brill-not what I wanted to hear. Have to say I have been more than happy with the printer though, but this just seems a chew.

Adrian_Reynolds
    19 Dec 2009 - 9:08 AM

Not all doom and gloom, it worked on my R300,( smug mode Smile ) haven't used it in an age though, so I can't remember how or what I did.
    Adrian

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Dec 2009 - 11:22 AM

Quote: Not all doom and gloom, it worked on my R300,( smug mode ) haven't used it in an age though, so I can't remember how or what I did

Always glad to oblige - short actual help - Springs to mind LOL!

Bridgelayer
    19 Dec 2009 - 11:36 AM

Go to the Epson web site and ask the techy crew on there. Generally they are pretty helpful but take a few days to respond.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.