Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Printing with Lightroom 5

guidoa 13 1.4k United Kingdom
28 Aug 2014 9:36PM
I have downloaded a trial version of LR 5.6 to my computer running win7. I have a Pixma 4850 printer.

When I try to print from LR, it matters not what size of print I want, I always get a 4x6.

When I access the print module in LR, I do not appear to have all the options which the help section says I should have, I only have "print set up" which goes straight to the Pixma set up where I make all the choices, but even if I choose A4, the print only appears as a 4x6.

Is this a restriction on trial version or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
28 Aug 2014 10:03PM

Quote:Is this a restriction on trial version or am I doing something wrong?

My understanding is that the trial version is fully functional but cannot bee absolutely certain as I have never used a trial version of LR.

I think you may have missed some settings somewhere but with the information you have provided it is not easy to discover where.

Have you also checked and set the layout settings in the right hand panel of the print module ?
28 Aug 2014 10:14PM
Thanks. I have checked the right hand panel, but the print layout takes me back to the pixma set up and the problem remains.
chavender e2
4 224 1 France
29 Aug 2014 7:35AM
Have you tried "Page setup" in the bottom left hand corner?
Should do the trick.
29 Aug 2014 7:56AM
There are two size settings in printer set up. Paper size and print size. You need to make sure both are not showing 6x4
29 Aug 2014 8:34AM
Page set up on the left hand side takes me straight to Pixma set up where I choose paper and print size, yet LR still shows and prints the 6x4.
Railcam 8 484 Scotland
29 Aug 2014 8:57AM
In Page Setup on LHS, this will take you to your paper sizes. Select, say, A4 and OK. This should show you a white A4 page in the centre panel, with your selected image on it as a 4" x 6".

Now, go into Layout on the RH panel and adjust the cell size until your image fills the A4 page in the centre panel.

Good luck
Keith
29 Aug 2014 9:43AM
Thanks Keith, that sorted it!
Railcam 8 484 Scotland
29 Aug 2014 12:25PM
Pleased to help and glad it worked.
Regards
Keith

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.